SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage User

SageMC ...Wake Server/PC to Record...

Have HD200 as Extender... and Sage Media Center Software on Server/PC... and HVR2250 Tuner... Server runs Vista 64... Have ALL the latest Beta's installed... Basically, it comes down to it being a PC that is acting as a Network Server... Nothing special here... All works OK... Any PC coming onto the network WILL wake the server... So general waking up works OK... No Issues...

Question is as follows: You have some TV programs set to record at different times... The Sage Media Software resides in the System Tray WAITING... The Server/PC is Sleeping... It is time to record a show... AND the Server/PC does NOT wake up from sleeping so no recording takes place... Surely, you don't need to have the Server/PC running (awake 24/7) all the time at the READY for the recording to take place... OR DO YOU??... Thanks for any help you can give...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage User

I would like to ask one more time... Is there NO ONE out here that can simply confirm for me that you need to have your PC and/or Server actively running (NOT SLEEPING) in order for it to record a timed TV program using Sage Media Center V6.56... That is Sage Media Center Software WILL NOT wake up the PC/Server... The PC MUST already be awake when the time comes to record a program... All I am asking PLEASE is for one person to confirm this to be the case so I can stop playing with this thing... Thanks...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sage WILL wake your PC up and record for you.

Any waking issues I would think are windows/bios based and not sage related.

I've only ever done it though with sage in service mode.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Sage User

What is Service Mode??... and when you had this Wake Up occur was Sage idling in the System Tray or was Sage running & Minimized??... At this point I cannot get the wake up... Thanks...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelinkup View Post
What is Service Mode??... and when you had this Wake Up occur was Sage idling in the System Tray or was Sage running & Minimized??... At this point I cannot get the wake up... Thanks...
When sage is in service mode its not running in the user interface. It runs as a service in the background. You'd be best to read page 14 of the Sage manual, it explains it a lot better than I can.

To test that your PC wakes up independantly to Sage, you could create a scheduled task to run at a particular time and check to see if that wakes your PC up. If it does, then Sage should wake it up too.

If it doesn't then it could be a Windows or BIOS issue. Check your bios settings for power management to see if it supports S1 or S3 and that its enabled.