SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem loading SageMC

I'm having an issue loading SageMC now after update. Stock STV works fine. The issue is that when I try to load it, the screen goes black the circle in the middle which appears to be hung.

Here is what I had. I wanted to update my client PC from SageTV client v6.5.6 to v6.5.7. By the way, my server was still v6.5.6. Anyway, I uninstalled my SageTV client and installed the new version. Once it installed, I went through the setup routine with the stock STV. I verified everything worked and then proceeded to upgrade to the latest version of SageMC, v6.3.8b.11 that just came out a day or so ago. This is where my problem occurs, trying to load SageMC. If I delete the file, the stock STV works fine again. I had SageMC v6.3.8b.6 working fine on the older version of SageTV. So, at this point I thought that it may be v6.3.8b.11, so I loaded up v6.3.8b.6. I had the same issue. So at this point I thought it was SageTV client software itself, even though the stock STV worked fine with it, so I uninstalled SageTV Client v6.5.7 and installed v6.5.6 and that worked fine with the stock STV again. Again, whenever I load up SageMC, any version, I have the same issue.

Sorry for the long post but I'm not sure what I have done wrong. I thought I have done this process before without issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 01-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
You will need to extract\install the full version of SageMC first then copy over the new v6.3.8b.11 file. Once you have extracted the full package and copied the new file into the correct folder choose 6.3.8b.11 rather than SageMC_169 from within the stock UI advanced settings.

Last edited by jaminben; 01-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
You will need to extract\install the full version of SageMC first then copy over the new v6.3.8b.11 file. Once you have extracted the full package and copied the new file into the correct folder choose 6.3.8b.11 rather than SageMC_169 from within the stock UI advanced settings.
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't believe I forgot that step. I guess I'm having one of those days!!!

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 01-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Sage User

I had the same problem. My error was that I extracted the files into the first level SageTV directory which was incorrect. The SageMC extract needs to be in \SageTV\SageTV\

Example:

Extract location:

Wrong C:\Program Files\SageTV\

Right C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\
Old 01-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
I had the same problem. My error was that I extracted the files into the first level SageTV directory which was incorrect. The SageMC extract needs to be in \SageTV\SageTV\

Example:

Extract location:

Wrong C:\Program Files\SageTV\

Right C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\
I've done that too. However, my issue was indeed not installing the full version first. Once I done that, everything worked flawlessly.

Thanks,
Chuck