SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Utility: Sage Scripting Framework

Download | Wiki | Remote APIs | SageTV API

I've put together a small project that may be of some interest to you script developers out there.

It's a scripting front end to Sage TV for creating command line scripts that interact with Sage. You can write scripts in Javascript, Groovy, or Python.

In order to write scripts, you will need to have some familiarity with scripting lanuages AND the SageTV API.

If you write a script post it here... It may be of interest to others.

Enjoy.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

This is really cool. Thanks for providing this.

B
Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This is really cool. Thanks for providing this.
No problem... I needed an excuse to try out the Scripting Engine that is built into Java6 So this means that you'll need to use Java6 in order to use this tool.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Once Erik puts chapter support into Comskip and releases it this will work great for my RSS feed script. Assuming I will be able to derive show info based on the file's name, this would work well for iTunes import and even a flash/air app if you wanted your favorite shows in your browser or on the desktop.

B
Old 01-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Help me out here How do you go from comskip to RSS feeds to Flash in one sentence?

Regarding filenames, I added filename search to the webserver a long time ago so it is possible.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I have a bash script laying around somewhere which will take my favorite show list (not the same as a list of favorites in SageTV) and compress it for iPhone/iPod Touch outside of SageTV.

This allows me to do a number of things to the files which the built in compressor does not:
  • Use my own version of ffmpeg or whatever
  • Post process files for streaming
  • Embed chapter marks
  • Create an iTunes RSS feed which has more meaningful show names and detailed show data.
  • Does not leave compressed shows in the TV library

Once I have the feed, I can then use it for easy copy via whatever web server platform I want to embed in iTunes for download to an iPod Touch. Also, once the RSS feed is done there I can use the same feed to create an RSS widget using Flash which can pull my feed and play my shows with the chapter marks.

Adobe has some feed parsing apis which are open source and render all sorts of feeds. Lighttpd has some decent support for a poor man's streaming server and my FiOS connect has a decent upload.

And that's how I get there

B

Please note on the above: When I last used the built in RSS components in nielm's webserver it seemed to create generic info in the feed data. Also, I haven't used SageTV's built in compressor in a while because I haven't had a need without commercial tagging. If SageTV no longer puts the show into the TV library, it would be a big plus.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

That's quite the setup

I just got an iPhone so I'm getting more interested in this type of thing (HD looks amazing on it) and I wish Sage had some more features in the transcoding area to make this a little easier out of the box.

I didn't realize lighttpd did streaming, or that Flash player supported H264. Red5 will be supporting H264 soon, too.

Now back to this thread's topic - sorry for the hijack Thanks for putting this together, stuckless. I'll try it out when I get a chance and might have some Groovy scripts to contribute.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.