SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Sage Expert

Vista volume control, how do I like sage to the hardware volume?

So I just finished building my first vista system. Its a home premium system and I used the following

MSI media 7411 (has a 500w amp on board)
Antec fusion case with volume control knob

I have been having some difficulty with the sound control. In XP the sound was directly linked to each program. With vista I noticed that I can adjust the hardware volume but also adjust the sage volume independently but the sage volume depends on the hardware volume, its as if the sage volume is a child to the parent hardware volume.

So, I can set the hardware volume all the way loud and set the volume of sage from 0-100 but if I set the hardware volume all the way to zero sage can not go any higher then zero. The antec volume control knob is linked to the hardware volume.

Sooooo....
How do I get the volume knob to control the sage volume?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Sage User

I just noticed the same thing on my htpc the other day, I couldn't work out why I had to put the volume so high on the stereo system even though the Sage volume was max.
Anyway, for me this is not an issue because I am feeding the audio via a Harmony remote and controlling it from the stereo system.

As far as your question is concerned I found the following in the SageTV manual at page 235

media_player_uses_system_volume

if set to false will use the media player's volume controls instead of the windows system volume controls