SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

clarify menu issues

I just want to make sure I fully understand what I believe I am reading in the forums... I have been using the default STV for years and just switched to SageMC to make use of some of the better plugins. But there are 2 things that are proving to be so inconvenient I am really struggling with them.

First I just upgraded to 2.5TB of storage and I have intelligent recording turned on so I have hundreds and hundreds of recordings. In the default I can group them by category so they are manageable. But it sounds like with SageMC I have to download another pluging which is then going to disable other functions (left as back, etc.) - is there any way to fix that? Even if I have to customize something.

Second - a similar issue with comskip. I have some movies recorded that Comskip mistakenly marked. When this happened with the default STV I was able to press OK on the movie and then delete comskip files so I could watch it normally. Now I don't have that option.

I am really liking SageMC better than the default STV but is there any way to address these issues?

Thank you.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I assume its the same in nblue... I just switched too, and MC will group the recordings if you hit ok/select on the top menu item to cycle through the display options.

With the comskip thing, you could always turn off autoskip and just hit the right arrow when you reach the commercials. This is what I do since sometimes comskip isn't totally accurate.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

but there is no way to group by category, is there? I have it grouped, but it only does it by show and I still have to scroll through hundreds of shows to find anything.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I see, I must admit I don't use categories much. If you have that many recordings then maybe 'Search' would be a better option?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

This kind of ties in with my earlier post. Haven't seen much interest in fixing this so far.

I guess we are the only ones that miss the filtering/sorting option from the default STV.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38781