SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Keyword Favorite - Title/Year Combo

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am pretty sure this used to work. I am trying to setup a favorite to record "Forensic Files" episodes that aired in 2008. I have accomplished something similar in the past, but for some reason I cannot get it to work now.

I thought that the way I did it was to create a Keyword favorite searching all fields, but I have tried all these combinations and none seem to work.

[Forensic Files 2008] or [Forensic Files *08] or [Forensic Files* *08]

All of these show no recordings matching, even though there are some airings that match this criteria.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator

I'm guessing that info is in the original air date field, which Keyword Favorites do not search.

The Favorites Manager section of chapter 3 in the PDF manual lists the fields that it does search.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage User

You might try to add the episode title to the keyword search. Go to http://sharetv.org/shows/forensic_files/episodes/pg-2 to find the episode you were thinking of.

I forgot to mention that it's best if you use asterisks (*) between each word like this: forensic files*title*of*episode.

I tried it with: overhaulin*pop*star*steal and it correctly found the episode airing tomorrow and no other. The show is called Overhaulin' with an apostrophe and the episode is Pop Star Steal but I made the keyword search exactly as stated above.
Capture: 2 Hauppauge PVR-500 (each using dual analog cable tuners)
Clients: 3 MVP (usually only 2 in use at one time)