SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage User

Import TV Recordings from other sources?

Hi Everyone,

I am not new to SageTV but I am new to TV Recording. When I first purchased Sage TV it was to organize and play my DVD collection to our entire home.

Now with our little girl she has favorite cartoons in the morning that we record via a different computer running GB-PVR and they are encoded into MPEG2 format automatically with hardware.

My question is how do I organize these on the main media server? I not want it to be a part of "videos" because that is where we have all of our DVD's nicely organized and categorized by genre (thank you SageMC). I pasted the movies into the Sage Recorded TV Directory and they do not show up.

I'd like to have them as neat and organized as our videos just not in the video section...

Any thoughts?
--DE
Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Sage User

Just bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not at home at the moment so I cant check for sure but the sage web interface has the ability to import data into it to allow sage to treat files as recordings. The problem might be getting the data into the correct form.

There is a little application that does this for MCE recordings and then you use the webserver to import the supplied xml and all your old MCE recordings show up in the recorded tv in sage, but I am not sure how easy this to do for normal files.

Worth looking into though...
Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

yes the webserver will let u import movies directly into the tv recordings tab, but i cant seem to find the link right now.

i was doing this once myself when sage crashed and all previously recorded shows didnt show up anymore in tv recordings, but i cant remember now exactly how it works... sorry
Old 02-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi.

Several recordings ended up as Imported Videos after I moved them due to a failing disk.

I have the Web Interface installed. What do I need to do to introduce the Imported videos back into SageTV Recordings?