SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Erratic Fwd/Rew in recordings?

I've searched for an answer but no luck so far.

Using 6.4.8 w/ SageMC. Motorola 6200 STB tuning via firewire.

My problem is that any material I've recorded in SageTV fast forwards and rewinds unpredictably. I have the skip/replay time set to 10 seconds each, and it works as expected maybe half the time but the other half it could skip or rewind anywhere between a second or up to 2 minutes or so.

Strangely, I have not noticed this in any of my own DVD rips or downloaded material.

I've made only minimal changes to the Sage.properties file, just for tweaking tuning via firewire.

I've tried to disable encoding as a program stream but I've been unsuccessful so far (a separate issue), so my recordings are all PS MPEGS. Any chance storing directly as a transport stream would do me any good?

I realize that I haven't supplied much information but any troubleshooting suggestions would be welcome. Can I analyze the recordings somehow to provide better info?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Administrator

First: I've moved this to the SageMC fourm, since you said that is what you are using. Before posting outside the customizations section of the forum, you should see if any issue still occurs with a default setup.

Second: there is a beta demux that should help with seeking, though I'm not 100% if it should be used with v6.4. Just save backup copies of any files you replace while SageTV is not running. (Edit: I think the new demux files should be used with v6.5, so you may want to try the v6.5 beta release candidate.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
First: I've moved this to the SageMC fourm, since you said that is what you are using. Before posting outside the customizations section of the forum, you should see if any issue still occurs with a default setup.

Second: there is a beta demux that should help with seeking, though I'm not 100% if it should be used with v6.4. Just save backup copies of any files you replace wile SageTV is not running. (Edit: I think the new demux files should be used with v6.5, so you may want to try the v6.5 beta release candidate.)

- Andy
Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this was happening prior to installing SageMC. I'll revert to the standard STV tonight to make sure.

I'll check out 6.5 tonight too, thanks!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Sage User

Thanks Opus! The release candidate and the beta demuxer appear to have done it. Haven't had any problems whatsoever so far!

Thanks for the help!