SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Great. I'll try it out when you post it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.0 Released!

Version 2.0 of the Fan Art Import has been released. I have updated the first post in this thread with the new info.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-16-2009, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I installed this today and it is a very nice improvement. Thanks for putting "Watch" on the details screen.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Any way you can make it so that directory settings are stored in Sage.properties? I had to define the location for 6 extenders, etc.

Great add on!

B
Old 02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Version 2.1 Released!

Version 2.1 of the Fan Art Import has been released. I have updated the first post in this thread with the new info.

This fixes the bug found by JREkiwi where I was using the function IsVideo(Airing) where it should have been IsVideoFile(Airing). This would have made the fan art not display correctly on imported videos that are not DVD rips.

I also made two other minor changes: (1) Added the Watch button to the Detailed Info Screen for the "Default" Layout (already did this for the other two Layout Styles); and (2) combined the show duration and the airing time on a single line in the description panel at the bottom of the screen when the "Top + Bottom" Layout is selected, so you have one less line to scroll through (see attachments).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RecordingDetailsTop&Bottom600x480.jpg (81.0 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg RecordingDetailsTop&Bottom600x480new.jpg (84.1 KB, 411 views)
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Any way you can make it so that directory settings are stored in Sage.properties? I had to define the location for 6 extenders, etc.
I hadn't considered that, but it would be easy enough to do. I'll try to remember that for the next time I do an update. Of course if I make that change, you will have to define the paths one more time.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Any trick to importing this when you already had v1.0 in? I replaced the old STVI with the revised one, and then did "force rebuild" and it didn't pick it up. I'm still seeing the v1.0 behavior, and the new extra options aren't in the detailed setup screen. I didn't think I should have to reboot Sage - do I?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Any trick to importing this when you already had v1.0 in? I replaced the old STVI with the revised one, and then did "force rebuild" and it didn't pick it up. I'm still seeing the v1.0 behavior, and the new extra options aren't in the detailed setup screen. I didn't think I should have to reboot Sage - do I?
Are you running 6.5? All I had to do was copy over the new STVi. Next time I started Sage, it detected the newer version and asked me if I wanted to re-import.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tiki,

Thanks for your work on this, it has turned into a really nice add-on for the base STVi.

I do have one request, though I'm not sure how feasible it is. Is there any way to make it so that the option to bypass options and go straight to details will work when I'm not using the Malore-style Recordings screen?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Force Rebuild or Restarting Sage should do it. Have you tried it more than once? I did see a similar issue once before (with someone else's import) where it didn't seem to re-build right, but doing it a second time made it work properly.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn View Post
I do have one request, though I'm not sure how feasible it is. Is there any way to make it so that the option to bypass options and go straight to details will work when I'm not using the Malore-style Recordings screen?
That is something I would like to work on for the next release (jump straight to Detailed Info from the various other Non-Malore Menus, when you click on a show).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Tiki,

I'm enjoying this STVi quite a bit. I'd still love to see it display FanArt for all shows, using some default based on genre if no specific FanArt is available.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Force Rebuild or Restarting Sage should do it. Have you tried it more than once? I did see a similar issue once before (with someone else's import) where it didn't seem to re-build right, but doing it a second time made it work properly.
Just a follow-up, I did rebuild again and it's working. I think something must have gone wrong the first time, because some other behavior that should have happened on that first rebuild, didn't. But it did this time, and your upgrade works too.

Thanks again! Great job!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.2 Released!!

I have Released Version 2.2 of the FanArt Import. Details can be found be reading the first post in this thread.

One word of caution - if upgrading from a previous revision, be sure to check the path settings that you have entered for the fan art. I changed these from Client Properties to Server Properties for this revision.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does this import need to be installed on the server?

I'm currently installing the stvi & paths on a client and having problems displaying the banners/backgrounds. Any tips about the banner directory location?

TIA

EDIT: I've got it working.... Either setting unc paths or sharing the server folder did the trick.

Last edited by wado1971; 03-08-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.3 Released!

Version 2.3 Has been released. Please re-read the first post in this thread for details and updated screen shots.

One of the big new features is support for Genre Banners. Several people had requested this. I am attaching some sample genre banners to get you started. I am no expert at photoshop, so if others want to try to make more or better banners, it would be appreciated.

Here is a list of the genres included:
Animals.jpg
Anime.jpg
Baseball.jpg
Basketball.jpg
Children.jpg
Cooking.jpg
Hockey.jpg
Home Improvement.jpg
How-To.jpg
Medical.jpg
Movie.jpg
News.jpg
Science.jpg
Science1.jpg
Shopping.jpg
War.jpg
Weather.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: zip Genres.zip (569.6 KB, 281 views)
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Default Layout if no Fan Art available

It would be really cool if it would revert to the default layout on the details screen if no fan art is available.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I finally had some time to try the latest version. Thanks for the improvements! I have several questions:

- Are the music backgrounds supposed to appear any place else other than "Song Detail"? I like this addition but I rarely go to the Song Detail menu.

- If a band name has special characters in it (like AC/DC) what should I name the music background? ACDC.jpg?

- I can't get the Genre banners to display. I put the jpg's in a directory called /Banners/Genre but nothing shows up. All of the genre information for my recorded TV has a "/" in it; things like "Special/Documentary", or "History/War". I tried just eliminating the "/" and naming the .jpg specialdocumentary.jpg and historywar but could not get it to work. Suggestions?

Edit: I think the import ignores everything after the first special character. So "Special/Documentary" becomes "Special.jpg" and "History/War" becomes "History.jpg". This is a problem for me because I have genres like "Special/Entertainment", "Special/History", and "Special/Documentary" which all display the same banner "Special.jpg".

- If I put generic backgrounds in the /backgrounds/Genre directory will they display as well?

Thanks much,

Tom

Last edited by tmiranda; 03-19-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
- I can't get the Genre banners to display. I put the jpg's in a directory called /Banners/Genre but nothing shows up. All of the genre information for my recorded TV has a "/" in it; things like "Special/Documentary", or "History/War". I tried just eliminating the "/" and naming the .jpg specialdocumentary.jpg and historywar but could not get it to work. Suggestions?
Tom, it's doing a compare on the Category or SubCategory, so you'd need Documentary.jpg or Special.jpg

John
Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Tom, it's doing a compare on the Category or SubCategory, so you'd need Documentary.jpg or Special.jpg

John
Darn, I didn't see your post until after I edited my post. I just tried as you suggested and it works. "Special/Documentary" works with either Special.jpg or Documentary.jpg.