SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I fired up the update today, and noticed that when I go to the recordings screen and go into a show with multiple recordings, I am greeted with solid black boxes in the area where the recordings are listed as well as the episode info area. I can read the text but there is no opacity to the block. If i use my keyboard and hit the back arrow to go to the filter area on the left, the boxes go away and the screen goes back to normal. Going back out to the main recordings screen and then back in causes the black boxes to appear.

Perhapse I am missing a setting somewhere?

~ Brian
Old 02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Just so it's officially in this thread, here's a link to a thread detailing an issue that I'm also experiencing with there being gaps in the list of shows when paging through the Recorded TV page...
Having the same issue. I also see it on the list of upcoming movies.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Another bug I've encountered that I've noticed is that SageMC seems to do DVD Profiler searches on songs. So I have a song called Disturbing Behavior by Robert Palmer. I also have the movie Disturbing Behavior. It ignores the tags from the song and lists it as being by Natassia Malthe. It's picking up information from the movie listing.

Another thing I've noticed that works correctly in the default STV is that if a song is part of a compilation the artist is always displayed as "by Various" instead of listing the real artist. It makes it a little difficult to find music that way.
I think I have this fixed for the next release. I added a filter to exclude music files before the DVD profiler import does its thing. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 04:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Link to bug report in Dock main menu style.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39048
This bug is fixed for the next release.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this version of SageMC only meant for people who collect fanart?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Is this version of SageMC only meant for people who collect fanart?
Yes. If you don't collect fan art you aren't allowed to use it.

No, seriously, much of the recent development has been related to fan art, but there are other bug fixes included as well.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Mike I have a feature suggestion... automatically downloading and using a fanart background image on the Program Info menu as an option in addtion to the imdb picture (same exact concept). SageMC already has a bultin no fuss feature for imdb actor, movie poster being download/cached instantly , why not also have the option to dynamically change the background for the Program Info screen (if available) as well? Also, enhance the existing movie poster from IMDB to look like a DVD box...

Basically adding a similar idea as the TV Info 1.0 STVI into sageMC without the need for installing multiple addons (TV Info and BMT), and fussing with command line parameters for BMT. I know I sure dont have the motivation to go through that. Plus, I dont really like TV Info 1.0 import's layout; as it doesnt match the menu styles in all my other menus which share the same basic sageMC "theme".

The end result is having sageMC program info screen being upgraded and enhanced...just as an option without any hassle for the users.

What doe you think?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-08-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

It seems the latest 6.5.12 beta has broken something in SageMC. While videos are being displayed, with the exception of the background image, graphics aren't being drawn on the screen. As soon as the video playback is stopped everything gets drawn as it should.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
It seems the latest 6.5.12 beta has broken something in SageMC. While videos are being displayed, with the exception of the background image, graphics aren't being drawn on the screen. As soon as the video playback is stopped everything gets drawn as it should.
Ouch! I'll have to check that out tonight. Thanks for the warning.

Aloha,
Mike