SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Delete from Video Media center

Hi How do I allow my clients to delete videos from the media center area. I have a directory where I put the DVD's I rip ti disk. Then after we are done watching I want them to be able to delete it. I tried but by hitting the delete button on the client (I am using the HD200) and I thought there was an option in the stet up but can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Administrator

If you use the Options command in the video browser, there is an "Advanced Options" button where the option to allow video deletion is located. But, since you mentioned DVDs, that may not be enough. There is also a directory_deletion_of_dvds_enabled property that might have to set to true in order to be able to delete the entire DVD directory.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Delete from video media center

I thought i posted this but cant find it so sorry if it looks like a repeat.

From my HD200 I cant seem to be able to delete a DVD movie I ripped to a folder. I can watch it fine then at the end I want to delete it from the hD200 I hit delete nothing happens. Is there something I need to set to allow my clients to delete a movie from a folder?

Thanks
Andy

* merged; use Your Topics or Your Posts at the top of each forum page to find your posts *
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here's your original post and reply:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39703
Old 02-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Delete under advanced

Well that didn't seem to work. When I pick a movie in the list and press delete nothing happens. I am going to try changing the other you suggested tonight.

Andy
Old 02-25-2009, 05:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

No delete part ii

I changed in sage properties the one without the version numbers( I know that sounds weird) because I don't change it much I hope got the correct one. I changed directory_deletion_dvds_enabled=true. It was false. I then shutdown my server restarted, reconnected thje HD200 I press delete on the recording under Videos and still wont delete.

Any other ideas? Anything onthe client side I might need to do?

Andy
Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
I changed directory_deletion_dvds_enabled=true. It was false. I then shutdown my server restarted, reconnected thje HD200 I press delete on the recording under Videos and still wont delete.
So this comment isn't specific to your problem, but you have to shut down the service *before* changing any of the properties.

Try again by shutting down the service completely, then changing the property, then starting everything back up and see if that works for you.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Delete Videos

Thank you!,

I had to stop, do the edit, then restart, now when I hit the delete it asks me do I want to delete yes or no, I am

Andy