SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Sage User

HD200 Lipsync issues

I'm new to SageTV. I have the SageTV server software (WHS edition) running on my HP MediaSmart Server and am streaming to a HD200 extender via wired ethernet connection. The extender routes through a Yamaha AVR using HDMI and then on up to a Samsung TV again using HDMI. The Sammy TV is HDMI 1.3, the Yamaha is HDMI 1.1 and the HD200 is of course HDMI 1.2a. I'm a little suspicious that the lip sync issue may be related to the Yamaha receiver and intend to see if I can isolate it by routing the signal via component and optical cables. In addition, I have an inquiry into SageTV support and at their request will be collecting some log files for them.

In the meantime, I'd like to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with the lip sync. The problematic files so far are DivX (version 6 and 7) and MKV files. The playback always starts fine, but eventually the lip sync issue crops up anywhere from 5-15 minutes in. On one set of files, the image started getting real jerky as well. At one point with one of the DivX 7 files the HD 200 got pretty hot too.

Again, one suspicion is that this is hardware related (from the HD200 downstream) and not software as the MSS temps stay perfectly normal and it is not showing any signs of strain.