SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Sage User

connection to sage tv server lost

running client with hd 200 and hp media server(sagetv whs). The hd 200 works ok. But I get endless attempting to restore connectionon my laptop(with client). Both are same software version.

When opening ports on router for client........which ip address do I use(the server where sagetv whs is installed)? That is what I used.

Opened all ports tcp in windows firewall.........

still attempting to restore connection

help plz
Old 03-11-2009, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you able to connect at all? If not, did you setup your Sage Server to work with both PC Clients AND Extenders?

If you are able to connect periodically, how are you connecting to your server? WIFI or Ethernet?

Maybe you need to provide a bit more of your setup so we can further help....
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Sage User

thanks for the reply Paul,

I connect to my server with no problem both wirelessly and wired from anywhere. I am connecting wired to server using sagetv client. The program loads up and says" the connection to the sage tv server has been lost. attempting to restore the connection..."

remote desktop on server works fine from the same computer and after running config wizard the client is enabled as is extender and placeshifter.

Placeshifter works fine on same and all computers.

But no client........

client is the same installation as on server 6.5.11 whs, and client 6.5.11

HD200 works perfectly with HDHR....and the server I'm using is a hp media smart

thanks again for any help