SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Music Playlists - Where are they stored?

Hey Guys,

So I had some family over the other night and they went through our music collection and made themselves a playlist.

One of them emailed me yesterdat asking if there was a way for them to get a copy of that playlist. I did not know the answer to that.

So, my question is, where are the playlists stored? Can it be exported/imported? Are they in a format that is usable to other players? ie winamp, itunes, etc?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Playlists, like everything else related to recorded TV and the media library, are stored in the Wiz.bin database. The web server plugin has the ability to export them in various formats, or (if you have the necessary programming skills) you can use the SageTV API to write your own exporter in whatever format you require.

I'm not a SageMC guy so I can't comment on whether SageMC has such an export feature built in.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't even think to look in the web interface. I was looking for something in the settings menu.

I checked the web interface as you suggested and under Media Library -> Export, I was able to export the playlist to an M3U playlist for them. It couldn't have been easier.

I learn something new about my sage setup everyday!