SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Sage User

MyMovies willing to code meta-data for SageMC - HELP!

I need some help from the experts here. I am new and just getting started with Sage and WHS. I have seen many requests on these forums for some way to integrate MyMovies meta-data with SageMC.

I noticed in the most recent update v.1.50 of MyMovies that they now include the option to code for meta-data for several different media players like:
MyMovies Changelog version 1.50 Build 2

Added: Storage of meta-data for TViX media players
Added: Storage of meta-data for HDI Dune media players
Added: Storage of meta-data for Popcorn Hour players YAMJ plug-in
Added: Storage of meta-data for Netgear EVA8000 players
So, I posted the following in MyMovies forum:
would it be possible for the MyMovies developers to include an option to store meta-data for SageTV media players/extenders?
Then the admin at MyMovies replied:
I am not aware of a way to store meta-data for SageTV. The SageTV team is always welcomed to read the mymovies.xml meta-data that My Movies always store.

If you have knowledge of a movie data format that the SageTV already supports, we are open to create such meta-data for an upcoming version.
Now, my plea for help. I have no idea where to direct these guys. Could someone please post a reply at MyMovies that would help them understand how to do this? THANKS!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

A quick an easy way for this is for My Movie to have the capability to export its metadata in the exact same format as the collection.xml that is produced by DVD Profiler 3.x. If My Movie could produce that .xml export it may be possible for the DVDPro2Sage.class file to extract that info as if it was doing it from DVD Profiler. The other caveat would be that it would need a path to where My Movies store the images files for the cover. The drawback to this method is that it won't take advantage of fields and metadata that My Movie has but that DVDProfiler does not-like actors images and metadata.

Also a FAQ is availabe to what Sage is doing as far as fanart and the phoenix APIs. FAQ-fanart and phoenix APIs
And also stuckless' Metadata Batch Importer on googlecode. Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV
The whole birth thread of the Phoenix APIs discussion. Phoenix APIs thread

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 04-18-2009 at 08:42 AM.