SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Sage User

Can only record two shows at once even though three tuners are configured

When I first installed SageTV, I only had two tuners installed - well there were three, but one card wasn't seated properly evidently as neither Sage, nor Windows could see it.

I opened up the PC, reseated the card, started Windows back up, and the windows device/hardware manager now shows all three cards. I started up SageTV and it too saw the third tuner and I was allowed to add it as a video source.

The problem is, despite the fact I now have three tuners, Sage still thinks I can only record two shows at one time. Is there some way to fix this short of uninstalling, and reinstalling SageTV (not that know that that will work).

FYI, I do know that all three tuners are functioning. They're the PCI Fusion 5RTLite cards (I might have the name wrong, but it's close).
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you set up the channel lineup to be the same as the other two cards?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Are you sure all 3 separate tuners are configured?

If you go to the Recording Schedule menu & use the Parallel view, how many tuner columns are displayed? (be sure to scroll horizontally, if needed.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage User

It fixed itself

I didn't do a thing other than check the computer just now and now there are no conflicts and the recording schedule shows all three columns. It showed three columns last night, but I could only "fill" two.

Go figure. I can't explain why there was a delayed reaction between me adding the third tuner and the scheduling logic figuring out that I did.

Thanks for the responses.

Dale
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

Dale,
I'll bet you either used a different channel lineup, or told it to make a copy of an existing one. Then Sage couldn't use the 3rd tuner until it downloaded the EPG data so it knew what was available for recording on that tuner.

While the merged EPG data is overall a great thing, in instances like yours it may not show that there's no data for that tuner yet.

Based on similar things happening to me, I'd bet that is why when you came back the next day you could then use the 3rd tuner.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think Dave's nailed it - SageTV hadn't finished downloading EPG data for the 3rd tuner yet so it didn't know what shows it could record with that tuner yet.