SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You can edit the menu xml look back about a page for instructions

but in all honesty you probably won't need them with version 3 as the filtering is better/more specific from the homepage.
Can't wait for version 3 (or the audio wall). Thanks for your effort. I tried the meathod a few pages back and it works if I choose to view all videos, but I have so many that aren't really organized except for folders that that meathod doesn't work all that well. I would use the web interface to put them in arhived tv, but that doesn't sort them the way I like. Any suggestions?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

It should work for all videos or file-system any view for that matter.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It should work for all videos or file-system any view for that matter.
Sorry, I'm not being clear. It does work, just not the way I ant it to. Your movie wall works, but I have to select the single folder that shows up and then the wall of movies is visible. That is with folder view. If I select all videos view and go into my dvd's it just shows a wall of movies, but my tv shows and cartoons are all showing instead of the folder view I like. I want to have both at the same time on different folders if possible.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Sorry, I'm not being clear. It does work, just not the way I ant it to. Your movie wall works, but I have to select the single folder that shows up and then the wall of movies is visible. That is with folder view. If I select all videos view and go into my dvd's it just shows a wall of movies, but my tv shows and cartoons are all showing instead of the folder view I like. I want to have both at the same time on different folders if possible.
What is your folder structure? What videos do you have mapped in video library folders?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What is your folder structure? What videos do you have mapped in video library folders?
For my blu rays it is x:\Blu-rays\Blu-rays\. same for dvd's but replace blu-rays with dvd's. Tv shows is x:\videos\videos\TV shows\. cartoons is same except replace tv shows with cartoons. Sage only shows my cartoons folder and tv folder depending on what I select, but i have to go through the videos folder then tv shows then it shows the actual show folders, same for cartoons. With my dvd's and Blu-rays it is just there no navigating through folders.

Here is my .xml if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Copy of sagemc_menu.xml.txt (8.2 KB, 313 views)
Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
For my blu rays it is x:\Blu-rays\Blu-rays\. same for dvd's but replace blu-rays with dvd's. Tv shows is x:\videos\videos\TV shows\. cartoons is same except replace tv shows with cartoons. Sage only shows my cartoons folder and tv folder depending on what I select, but i have to go through the videos folder then tv shows then it shows the actual show folders, same for cartoons. With my dvd's and Blu-rays it is just there no navigating through folders.

Here is my .xml if that helps.
that should work are you telling me when you load up smw say you hit your "tv shows" icon it shows a tv shows folder first? Shouldn't
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
that should work are you telling me when you load up smw say you hit your "tv shows" icon it shows a tv shows folder first? Shouldn't
I fixed it by altering my shared folder structure. I shared deeper into the file system and it fixed itself. Thanks for the effort. I was just dumb. Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited by panteragstk; 06-10-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I fixed it by altering my shared folder structure. I shared deeper into the file system and it fixed itself. Thanks for the effort. I was just dumb. Sorry for wasting your time.
You didn't waste my time always happy to help now version 3 will be pushed back 10 weeks because I had to help you j/k!!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You didn't waste my time always happy to help now version 3 will be pushed back 10 weeks because I had to help you j/k!!
Thanks again...not cool though..
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there an overall SageMC STV that this works with, i.e. one that has a consistent look and feel for the other elements of the UI?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwr View Post
Is there an overall SageMC STV that this works with, i.e. one that has a consistent look and feel for the other elements of the UI?
I don't under stand your question I am afraid

This is a stvi (sage import) that works with the default sagemc which is a stv
Old 06-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Sage Expert

Awesome name, Pantera \/
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Hopefully what is to be the final or close to the final beta of V3 has gone out. It has been long but worth it. Thought I would share some newer screecaps before I leave for a week of much needed vacation to refresh

InfoOverLayVerticalScrolling

InfoOverLayHorizontalScrolling

NewOptionsMenuForMovieWall

Much more informative with help text so no manual needed hopefully....

NewHomeScreenFilters

NEwHomeScreenSort

cheers
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Look great.. now.. can I 'beta test' while you're on vacation? ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-13-2009, 02:18 PM

SMV Filter issues - may be related to Scaling on Load

Plucky - Hats off. You have done an awesome job with the plugin. I'm fairly new to sage, and haven't gone production yet at home with my media PC. I'm looking a for a high WAF when I finally cut over to the family and I don't quite have things tweaked right yet. Anyway - getting to the point.

I'm hoping some of the smart guys on this forum can throw me a bone and help me out.
I'm trying to set up filters based on Rating. The idea is, I don't want my kids to be able to hit the rated R movies i have. My plan was to assign a PIN through SAGEMC (Nielms dynamic menus - if memory serves). I did an initial test with a few folders and a few movies, and it worked great! However, once I added more movies to the folders I had sorted by rating it fails. BTW - i have around 1000 movies.

Sounds like maybe I have to many movies - but this is why I think otherwise. If I just point it to a dir with all 1000 Movies it works fine. However when I categorize my movies with rating folders it just goes blank when I go to the screen under the custom menu I created. But if I turn on "Scale menu on Load" option it works! Until.....I exit the menu. Next time I try to reenter the folder I have to reenable that option becuase it turns it back to off, making the screen just blank (black) again. I should also point out if I complete turn of scaling it behaves exactly the same. It only works until I leave that menu. Once I leave and reenter, things are blank again. Until I set that option again! Then it autodisables and stops working.....

I should point out - for testing purposes - everything initiall worked great with like 5 movies per Rating folder. Now I'm just using the R folder and have about 300 movies in there and I also mapped that as a Media Import directory. No other folders or higher level directories.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! I've also attached my sagemc_menu.xml

Sorry for my lack of brevity - I'm trying to give all pertinent info.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
<menu title="Main">
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="My TV" title="My TV">
<evalExpression> </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="My Music">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my pictures.png" screen="Picture Library" title="My Pictures">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_dvd.png" screen="Play DVD" title="Play DVD">
<!-- -->
<subMenuItem icon="hover_my programs.png" title="My Menu">
<menu title="My Menu">
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Default STV Menu" title="Online Services">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("TargetMenuName", "Online Services Menu")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("LeftListener", "Left-Back to parent menu")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("BackWidgetId", "BASE-51766")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="EMail" title="@email">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" title="RSS Feeds">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Conversions" title="Video Conversions">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Parental Controls" title="Parental Controls">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Setup Menu" title="Settings">
<!-- -->
</menu>
</subMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<subMenuItem icon="hover_my programs.png" title="Movies">
<menu title="Movies">
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Rated R">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\172.16.250.5\\areca4tb\\Media\\Sorted\\Movies\\R")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Rated PG13">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\172.16.250.5\\areca4tb\\Media\\Sorted\\Movies\\PG13")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Rated PG">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\172.16.250.5\\areca4tb\\Media\\Sorted\\Movies\\PG")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Rated G">
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\172.16.250.5\\areca4tb\\Media\\Sorted\\Movies\\G")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
</menu>
</subMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Movie Wall">
<!-- -->
</menu>
</sageMenu>

Last edited by Bits&Bytes; 06-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I am unable to help in airport stupid delays

Anyways something is wrong with your pathfilterexpressions because if it works when you load scaling menu first that is because It ignores the pathfilters when scaling menu loads so that tells me something is wrong In your menu.XML
Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I am brand new to fanart. I installed and configured everything to the best of my ability; and, the end results aren't too good. When I go into the SMW screen, I just see big text with the words being cut off at the left of the screen (see below) with no fan art at all for movies/shows I know should have fanart based on the name. I can't switch to different views; and not sure how to. Here are the things I did which I would expect everything to be automatic after that:

1) Upgrade to the latest SageMC
2) Import BMI; selecting fanart folder, and settings it to automatic
3) Import AMIS and selecting it to be the custom program info screen.
4) Import SMW and load the menu via dynamic menus
5) Select the SMW menu from the main menu

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-0654.jpg

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by Opus4; 06-13-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Image is too wide to be inline; changed to link.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I am brand new to fanart. I installed and configured everything to the best of my ability; and, the end results aren't too good. When I go into the SMW screen, I just see big text with the words being cut off at the left of the screen (see below) with no fan art at all for movies/shows I know should have fanart based on the name. I can't switch to different views; and not sure how to. Here are the things I did which I would expect everything to be automatic after that:

1) Upgrade to the latest SageMC
2) Import BMI; selecting fanart folder, and settings it to automatic
3) Import AMIS and selecting it to be the custom program info screen.
4) Import SMW and load the menu via dynamic menus
5) Select the SMW menu from the main menu

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-0654.jpg
the view you are seeing is the List View. If fanart exists for the focused video/dvd/bluray/movie it will display the fanart across the full background. To switch to the wall view. while in the list view, press options, view/filter, click list view.. this should toggle the view to wall view... i believe this how v2 is... im running the v3 beta so im not totally sure (but should be something similar)... it also might be better to wait a bit (2 weeks?) until plucky gets the final v3 done and ready for production. v3 fixes ALOT of the bugs in v2 (specifically speed/filtering issues) and lots of new eyecandy, menu system, etc.

link from plucky with what list view looks like with fanart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGJYzqy_co

RE fanart, what are your paths set up like? And have you checked the actual folders in the central fanart directory to make sure that the jpgs do exist?
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 06-13-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, I switched to poster view, which it looks better. It would be nice to see the list view titles on the left hand side not look so bad with the titles being cut off.

As far as my fanart being configured correctly, I think that's the problem. I already listed exactly what I did in my last post. The fanart files get downloaded to the central fanart folder; however, that ONLY happens if I manually force to download the metadata for each movie one by one instead of automatically for all my videos. How do I get BMI to automatically populate all metadata for all my videos? I already set BMI to automatic. I should be able to go to list view and ANY video I select will download the fanart for if its not not already downloaded; and also offer a way to update all fanart by just rescanning import folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
the view you are seeing is the List View. If fanart exists for the focused video/dvd/bluray/movie it will display the fanart across the full background. To switch to the wall view. while in the list view, press options, view/filter, click list view.. this should toggle the view to wall view... i believe this how v2 is... im running the v3 beta so im not totally sure (but should be something similar)... it also might be better to wait a bit (2 weeks?) until plucky gets the final v3 done and ready for production. v3 fixes ALOT of the bugs in v2 (specifically speed/filtering issues) and lots of new eyecandy, menu system, etc.

link from plucky with what list view looks like with fanart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGJYzqy_co

RE fanart, what are your paths set up like? And have you checked the actual folders in the central fanart directory to make sure that the jpgs do exist?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-13-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It would be nice to see the list view titles on the left hand side not look so bad with the titles being cut off.
The problem with this is then it would take more of the screen... I can't speak for plucky but I am pretty sure he did this as a compromise so looooong titles dont take over the whole screen.

Quote:
How do I get BMI to automatically populate all metadata for all my videos? I already set BMI to automatic.
unfortunately i can't offer too much insight into that because i do not use the automatic plugin. I ran BMT from the command line the first time to collect metadata/fanart for my entire collection then with new movies i use a bat file... i know its not automatic but it works. I did import the plugin and can still manually update videos.

I believe the automatic plugin will only update the metadata on media that sage believes is "new" (media that has changed... updated timestamp... since the last time sage scanned the import folders). The simplest way to accomplish way to accomplish this is to run the BMT from the command line OR:
  1. Remove the import directory from sage
  2. rescan import directorys within sage
  3. Add the movie directories back into the sage import directories
  4. Rescan the import directorys again.
(The above should work... not positive but it does work for metadata not showing up issues)

Quote:
I should be able to go to list view and ANY video I select will download the fanart for if its not not already downloaded; and also offer a way to update all fanart by just rescanning import folders.
I don't think this is the way the automatic plugin works. It only updates the fanart/metadata during a rescan of the import folders (automatic or manual)
Check out TVExplorer