SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

This would be something that would be nice, and probably could be added to SMW, as it would be the one seeing the lack of info. Would have to perhaps set up a command line option for SMW to trigger when it sees the incomplete/missing data. Not sure how responsive it would be.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

mkanet.... I had the same problem of not having automatic updates by BMI. The problem for me was that the movie files were not named well. I renamed the files to the actual movie name and it works well now.
________
starcraft 2 replay

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually, I am able to automatically download metadata during a import folders now. However, for some odd reason everything downloads except fanart. I even get the movie poster picture. But no fanart backgrounds. The only way I can do that is right click the file and select metadata/fanart and choose the movie BMI finds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
mkanet.... I had the same problem of not having automatic updates by BMI. The problem for me was that the movie files were not named well. I renamed the files to the actual movie name and it works well now.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Actually, I am able to automatically download metadata during a import folders now. However, for some odd reason everything downloads except fanart. I even get the movie poster picture. But no fanart backgrounds. The only way I can do that is right click the file and select metadata/fanart and choose the movie BMI finds.
Congrats on getting part way there. I think i had this problem initially (but don't really remember and i may have been having a different problem). I needed to remove unneeded lines from my metadata.properties file... Do you mind posting it? You could also post it in the BMT thread and ask sean to take a look at it.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-15-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I am unable to help in airport stupid delays

Anyways something is wrong with your pathfilterexpressions because if it works when you load scaling menu first that is because It ignores the pathfilters when scaling menu loads so that tells me something is wrong In your menu.XML

Thanks Plucky. You were spot on. I had a syntax error in my pathfilterexpressions. I got it fixed and it works great now. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Awesome name, Pantera \/
thanks
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted to let everyone one know I am back. The vacation is over and it is now back to the real world. There were not many issues in the last beta but I am redoing the main menu on the homepage so that will take a bit, but still hoping to have something out soon...
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Welcome back Skye! Hope you had some good R&R.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone know why I'm getting the green balls after the movie name?
See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MovieWall.JPG (209.5 KB, 299 views)
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Yup error in version those are the online icons

Go into standard sagemc video library hit info on a title to turn them off

They should then be off in smw

This is fixed in v3
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

/me patientlly waits for his V3 plugin to try it

Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

SUUUURE you're patient...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Patients is a virtue

All I can say is the last beta went out with little problems. I believe I have fixed most and sent another beta out today along with some new views/changes so judging by how that goes we will see, but I hope sooner than later
Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I am going to give people a chance to contribute if they would like. I am looking for any backdrops (think wallpaper) high resolution that you think might be a good addition to the homescreen of SMW. If you have one please upload somewhere and post a link on here and I will look. It can be anything related to theaters,movies,genres,categories etc. As long as it doesn't have any text (or the text can easily be removed with photoshop). I am not saying everything will get used but I am in the process of adding some "themes" if you will to the homepage. Below is a quick example and may or may not be worked into the final build. I have approx 3 themes currently (not going to share yet but will/hope to have several to chose from. Some of them look really good.

Theme example
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Plucky - your plugin is in a word AMAZING. It has done wonders for my movie collection.. Huge WAF points for this one.... Thanks

I do have a question for you though. In your wall options screen you can change the select/ok button to do different things. Default is AMIS. Is this the Advanced Movie Info Screen?

If so im curious as to how that plays into the movie wall (as far as ui cohesiveness, etc).
I am also wondering how to enable it. Is it simply just downloading the AMIS plugin and doing an stvi import like every other plugin :-)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Plucky - your plugin is in a word AMAZING. It has done wonders for my movie collection.. Huge WAF points for this one.... Thanks

I do have a question for you though. In your wall options screen you can change the select/ok button to do different things. Default is AMIS. Is this the Advanced Movie Info Screen?

If so im curious as to how that plays into the movie wall (as far as ui cohesiveness, etc).
I am also wondering how to enable it. Is it simply just downloading the AMIS plugin and doing an stvi import like every other plugin :-)
You pretty much got it. Follow the install directions for AMIS to install AMIS.

Then pull up the settings in SMW and you can set the enter/ok button to be play, info, or AMIS.

As far as it flowing and cohesiveness, it's all preference really. I think they work well together. I personally don't use AMIS anymore. Plucky has done such a nice job with the info screen that IMO AMIS isn't needed. They both provide pretty much the same thing. The difference is that you don't have to navigate away from SMW if you use the info view.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes what peter said but keep in mind he is seeing info views you don't have yet the ones in version 2 weren't near complete
Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

How do i get the info button to take me to the info screen?

The only options i have is play or AMIS in my "Wall Options"

Not sure if this is possible, but what i would like to do is have the wall setup so that it shows the 8 columns by 3 rows (WAF is much higher), but then if you hit the info button on a particular movie it would take you to the detailed info screen showing the fanart, etc.

Another option would be to use SMW in the view where there is 3 coulmns by 3 rows i think on the left and the fanart/info on the right. My only problem with this is the navigation seems to be much more slugish as the wall has to load all the fanart and poster art...

Any suggestions/tips?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Pix,

All I can say is wait for version three. There is a nice overlay you might like as well as info bottom view. The view with the posters on the side is gone as well as the sluggishness altogether. I hate to help you understand v2 when v3 is so close and changes allot.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Sounds good, and i will anxiously await your next GREAT release!

~Mike