SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a terribly simple question that is likely a stupid one but does this need to be installed on the server (I am set up with WHS and the Sage for WHS) or does it need to be on each client machine instead/as well?

I know that it would need to be on the server if I was using an HD100/200 but I am not as of yet so that is not a variable.

TIA
Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp View Post
I have a terribly simple question that is likely a stupid one but does this need to be installed on the server (I am set up with WHS and the Sage for WHS) or does it need to be on each client machine instead/as well?

I know that it would need to be on the server if I was using an HD100/200 but I am not as of yet so that is not a variable.

TIA
Only on each client server install only required for extenders

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-03-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent and thanks!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Just an update for everyone Sage Movie Wall Version 4 is now over 175 builds from version 3 it has been fun. It is in what I believe to hopefully be the final beta.

That being said I wanted to give a chance for the forums members to have a influence on SMW like my beta testers have and do.

You show me a screenshot of a view idea you have and I will code the most liked one into version 4. I thought it would be a good way for those that are creative but can't code in studio to show their ideas. I only have a couple of days so give me some ideas and maybe we will open a poll or something and I will code it in.

I can tell you there are approx 3 new views already in v4 and all views have changed some more than others.

cheers
Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

An addition to above I guess it would help to show you some of the views that are in version 4.

GridView-Black
GridView-Burnt
GridView-Blue

GridInfoView

Small List

List info scroll

3d wall

All of those are customizable some more than others.

cheers and I look foward to seeing ideas from people.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

With v4, will installation be easier? I blew up a SageTV Client install on one of my machines trying to install v3. I am sure it was a simple mistake that I made but it must be admitted that the installation process is a bit hoop-jumpy.

I look forward to v4 as still only seeing screenshots and seeing the content that did download properly with the BMT addon on my server makes me very giddy to see the next version and will not stop me from trying to install once again.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Just curious, where did you have problems with the install?

I haven't had any problems with the install but I've also done it quite a few times.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, first, I updated the WHS server to 6.6.1 and the clients as well. I also updated SageMC to 6.3.9a.

After that, I had to install JETTY and BMT on the server. That went fine as it spent the first night downloading a metric ton of meta-data and images.

Where things started to get sketchy was when I apparently needed to install BMT on the client machine but with 6.6.1 installed, there is no sageTVclient.properties file on the client to edit.

Then, after copying the JAR, STV, etc... for the BMT and SMW zips to the folder, well, this is where I took a wrong turn...

I was unsure of what "import" feature to use, so I must have used the wrong one. Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated...
Old 08-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

What exactly happened when you said it took a wrong turn? Did you get an error on the screen?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, first, I updated the WHS server to 6.6.1 and the clients as well. I also updated SageMC to 6.3.9a.

After that, I had to install JETTY and BMT on the server. That went fine as it spent the first night downloading a metric ton of meta-data and images.

Where things started to get sketchy was when I apparently needed to install BMT on the client machine but with 6.6.1 installed, there is no sageTVclient.properties file on the client to edit.

Then, after copying the JAR, STV, etc... for the BMT and SMW zips to the folder, well, this is where I took a wrong turn...

I was unsure of what "import" feature to use, so I must have used the wrong one. Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated...
You should still have a client properties file??

You want to import stvi not stv from sage mc not the stock ui
Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK. I must have been jumping the gun by looking for the properties file immediately after the upgrade. It is there now... Look at me getting all impatient

And that "where to import from" is the wrong turn exactly!!!

Off to try it again!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK...
I have the STVi packages loaded the right way but there is no coverart or anything loading on the client...

Is there anything that has to be edited so that the art is sourced from the server? Remember that I pointed out that there is a ton of art in there that did download.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you have your fanart path on the client in fanart settings to the unc path you downloaded the fanart to on your server.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where is the parameter? All I see is a directory path setting that starts with a label of pluckyHD. None of the variables in the sageclient.properties that has the word fanart in it has a setting for path.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Where is the parameter? All I see is a directory path setting that starts with a label of pluckyHD. None of the variables in the sageclient.properties that has the word fanart in it has a setting for path.
It is in the sagemc setup no properties adjustment needed

or in the wall you can hit options and it is in the second from the left option menu "fanart options"
Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Why di you call it "Grid view"?

I looked at all of those samples, but for the life of me I did not see anything that would make you call it Grid???
Old 08-05-2009, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I looked at all of those samples, but for the life of me I did not see anything that would make you call it Grid???
So does that mean you like or don't like

Sense they are laying on grids I couldn't think of any other name
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have a suggestion for a view or a feature request depending on how you look at it.

I would like to see the horizontal overlay view usable with vertical scrolling.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

All I can say is .. WOW! All of these views look really good. A million times better than the default stuff for sure.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow! That 3D wall looks fantastic!!!