SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm busy at the moment as well. When I have some time I'll turn my attention to it but I have no ETA.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Guys been away and can't really test anything at the moment is anybody seeing the File System problem with the latest BMT and SMW?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Plucky (and anyone having File System view issues)
It appears that Mike has posted a new prerelease of SageMC (6.3.9b_2) that addresses this very issue. Take a look in the Customization Announcement forum:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=10

Cheers!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hey Plucky (and anyone having File System view issues)
It appears that Mike has posted a new prerelease of SageMC (6.3.9b_2) that addresses this very issue. Take a look in the Customization Announcement forum:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=10

Cheers!
That will not fix SMW That is for the default video libray mine is a completely different ball game, but I don't use file system so don't know if the problems exist in my stvi or not.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oops, that'll teach me to post at work

I feel as though I saw some weirdness with file-system view when the new BMT first ran, but I believe it simply corrected itself the next day. I had assumed that a folder rescan had taken care of it. I'll take a look at my setup when I get home to check whether or not I still have this problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

A developer just released an app for the wii to manage some games via hdd and uses a coverflow interface.. If you would like to see the interface they created so it might get you some new ideas

The videos are @ http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wiiflow/

Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
A developer just released an app for the wii to manage some games via hdd and uses a coverflow interface.. If you would like to see the interface they created so it might get you some new ideas

Funny I just installed WiiFlow today! Its slick and simple
Old 09-17-2009, 02:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Something like WiiFlow would be great, but unfortunately, with the limitations of Sage's UI, I'm not sure you could get the animations smooth enough. If/When sage gets a fully 3D interface, maybe, but until then, the smoothness of animations/3d transforms will be limited.

Though it IS tempting to see what it would take to create a simple Direct3D app that would be launched by sage. Just a matter of figuring out how to send the selected show/file back to sage. (not sure if/how this can be done) Obviously, this would only work with PC clients, but that works okay for me. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-17-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post

Like Fuzzy said current image api's in sage need to change to 3d for that full effect of that. Most of the coverflow animations can already be done but that spinning of the covers and such would need better animations and image api's. Looks nice though.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Like Fuzzy said current image api's in sage need to change to 3d for that full effect of that. Most of the coverflow animations can already be done but that spinning of the covers and such would need better animations and image api's. Looks nice though.
Well, I guess if you only ran at the Wii's SD resolution, you might be able to get semi-smooth animations in sage... but why would you do that?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Well, I guess if you only ran at the Wii's SD resolution, you might be able to get semi-smooth animations in sage... but why would you do that?
I don't have any problems with animations in sage not being smooth do you?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

no, I meant the ability for more complicated animations and transforms like shown in that wii vid.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
no, I meant the ability for more complicated animations and transforms like shown in that wii vid.
Oh yeah gotcha I agree you can do "like" 3d animations where they look similiar but yes Sagetv animations are dated and limited.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Sage User

Coverart doesn't show up

I am a huge fan of this add on! Thanks a ton for the work you have done.

I just installed SMW for the first time today. I followed Dbone's instructions to the T, including installing BMT.

I am using DVD Profiler and when I use the 3-D view, it pulls all the metadata except the coverart for the DVD. I have read through the entire post and tweaked about every setting I could think of.

What am I missing?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi24 View Post
I am a huge fan of this add on! Thanks a ton for the work you have done.

I just installed SMW for the first time today. I followed Dbone's instructions to the T, including installing BMT.

I am using DVD Profiler and when I use the 3-D view, it pulls all the metadata except the coverart for the DVD. I have read through the entire post and tweaked about every setting I could think of.

What am I missing?
Is your central fanart folder setup?
Did you perform all transformations from the scaling menu?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Sage User

Yes. I made sure that all the fanart folders are directed to the Phoenix folder (although when I open that folder, nothing is there).

I have also performed the scaling. In the OSD menu, I enabled the DVD Profiler option in metadata options and told it to do a refresh now.

This is the path to my fanart folder:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix
Old 09-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
does the coverart exist in the \FANARTFOLDER\Movies\MOVIENAME\posters directory? If not did you set up the coverart images directory on the BMT dvdprofiler configuration page?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Sage User

Where is that folder?

How do I set up the coverart settings?

Also, the weirdest thing just happened... I opened the recently viewed section and some of the covers will randomly pop up and then promptly disappear.

Last edited by Jimmi24; 09-20-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Where is that folder?

How do I set up the coverart settings?.
BMT Web -> configure -> Metadata Tools -> DVD Profiler -> DVD Profiler Image DIR
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Sage User

I'm fairly new to this forum as well. Just setup my HD200 with STV on my WHS. Of course I wanted the SMW and SMC features so I've painstakingly followed the directions for getting it installed correctly. I've gotten everything up and running however when I go to view my videos I'm getting the 'Reflections' theme pulled up correctly but no coverart of any kind. It shows that I have my 34 movies on the server but there is no art nor any movie name shown. Any suggestions on where I might have gone wrong?

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42761774@N04/