SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

love this import, but one thing thats been driving me insane is the lack of the "watched icon". i have tons of tv shows i downloaded and since the watched icon is not there it's a guessing game where i left off and what shows i watched last

is this something that im just missing on how to turn it on/off, or is it just missing completely???

other then that great work
Old 09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
love this import, but one thing thats been driving me insane is the lack of the "watched icon". i have tons of tv shows i downloaded and since the watched icon is not there it's a guessing game where i left off and what shows i watched last

is this something that im just missing on how to turn it on/off, or is it just missing completely???

other then that great work
plucky will have to correct me if im wrong... but i believe that the watched icon does not work for dvds/bds. Since SMW is geared to those (and not TV) it was left out on purpose. check out TVE (link in my signature) for an import geared specifically TV that leverages fanart and all the rest of the eye candy . Also plucky has been working on another import geared for TV (WAFTV) that is similar to SMW in navigation, layout, etc (but i don't think its been released yet... still in private beta).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
plucky will have to correct me if im wrong... but i believe that the watched icon does not work for dvds/bds. Since SMW is geared to those (and not TV) it was left out on purpose. check out TVE (link in my signature) for an import geared specifically TV that leverages fanart and all the rest of the eye candy . Also plucky has been working on another import geared for TV (WAFTV) that is similar to SMW in navigation, layout, etc (but i don't think its been released yet... still in private beta).
Yeah I got rid of the watched icon as it doesn't work for blu rays/dvds. WAFTV does implement a watch system as does TVE. WAFTV is still in beta although it works I just haven't had time to polish it and implement it fully with sagemc yet. If you have allot of videos not in native dvd/blu ray format and want watched icons or something of the sort I could work it out as a request.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuhlman View Post
I'm fairly new to this forum as well. Just setup my HD200 with STV on my WHS. Of course I wanted the SMW and SMC features so I've painstakingly followed the directions for getting it installed correctly. I've gotten everything up and running however when I go to view my videos I'm getting the 'Reflections' theme pulled up correctly but no coverart of any kind. It shows that I have my 34 movies on the server but there is no art nor any movie name shown. Any suggestions on where I might have gone wrong?

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42761774@N04/
Did you get this fixed? Did you run all the transformations at the begining? (not scaling but transformations)
Old 09-22-2009, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Am I the only one who can't get the "Search" function to work (under the View/Filter option)? When I enter a phrase it just gets displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen and nothing else happens.

@Plucky - I'm getting close.....

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yeah I got rid of the watched icon as it doesn't work for blu rays/dvds. WAFTV does implement a watch system as does TVE. WAFTV is still in beta although it works I just haven't had time to polish it and implement it fully with sagemc yet. If you have allot of videos not in native dvd/blu ray format and want watched icons or something of the sort I could work it out as a request.
yeah that would be a great thing if u could , i have not even one dvd on my server, but over 6000 files in .avi/.mkv and other formats and i had to go back to the default stv, just because i couldnt make out if i watched something or not lol, without playing the video
Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
yeah that would be a great thing if u could , i have not even one dvd on my server, but over 6000 files in .avi/.mkv and other formats and i had to go back to the default stv, just because i couldnt make out if i watched something or not lol, without playing the video
Added to the request list on the first page. I am currently without internet or sage at home should be back up and running in about 2 weeks give or take just moved I hope to get to all the bugs/request asap once back up and running.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been struggling with this addon for a couple weeks now thinking I'm doing something wrong. I've went through 2 fresh installs, clean sage/sagemc/bmt/smw (in that order) and still have the same exact problem.

Everything seems to be working fine until I start to navigate through SMW. It seems like every single menu item I select or move makes the UI get slower and slower until it's totally unresponisve. I have noticed others have mentioned this problem and although there are some suggestions on how to fix it, none of those helped me. Yes scaling is on, yes I did the transformation. I waited till it finished (I think), by watching the task manager and seeing SageTVservice.exe going from around 50% cpu for a while to 0. I'm assuming, since this is a background process, that's the only way to know if it's finished?

Also, why, after this completes does it put over 2GB of data into the cache folder in SageTV? Shouldn't it keep it in the fanart folder? I only ask because with a WHS install, space on the system partition is limited and 2GB is about 10% of the partition space.

I need to take a video of how it behaves because it's really bizzare. At one point the cover art becomes really large, has a mirror image below it and overlaps other cover art.

This is on the HD-100 if that makes a difference.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there any way to get SMW to just load content from the folders I want it to? I used to do this with v2, but you have changed so much that this method no longer works.

Also, when I updated all of my meta-data SMW shows each episode of TV programs as a "picture" on the wall. The older stuff that I already had meta-data for still shows up with a picture that goes to the sub-folder. Whats up with that?

EDIT: I fixed the folder issue with sagemc pre-release 8. i still wonder if there is a way for smc to let me pick which folders are included.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 09-24-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
+1
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am also seeing a stange behavior of the fanart.
Sagetv 6.6.2 WHS and PC client
sageMC 6.3.9b_9
MBT 3.1
phonix 1.44
SMW 4
Did the conversion and transfornation.

When I enter the grid view I see no posters just the background image. scroling changes the file name at the bottom but no poster. once I press the esc to invoke the bottom menue then the posters appear. When I close the menu the posters dissapear again.

I wall view the selected file is totaly black. No poster and no frame.
Again when I start the menu the poster appears with the frame and disaapears again when I close the menu.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

This isn't really a bug, but it is odd. When My wall reaches the end the focused movie tries to remain visible when the info side is on top. The picture will explain better than I can.

Also, I can't get wrapping to work. It used to when I used v2, but not anymore.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 09-24-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyme View Post
I've been struggling with this addon for a couple weeks now thinking I'm doing something wrong. I've went through 2 fresh installs, clean sage/sagemc/bmt/smw (in that order) and still have the same exact problem.

Everything seems to be working fine until I start to navigate through SMW. It seems like every single menu item I select or move makes the UI get slower and slower until it's totally unresponisve. I have noticed others have mentioned this problem and although there are some suggestions on how to fix it, none of those helped me. Yes scaling is on, yes I did the transformation. I waited till it finished (I think), by watching the task manager and seeing SageTVservice.exe going from around 50% cpu for a while to 0. I'm assuming, since this is a background process, that's the only way to know if it's finished?

Also, why, after this completes does it put over 2GB of data into the cache folder in SageTV? Shouldn't it keep it in the fanart folder? I only ask because with a WHS install, space on the system partition is limited and 2GB is about 10% of the partition space.

I need to take a video of how it behaves because it's really bizzare. At one point the cover art becomes really large, has a mirror image below it and overlaps other cover art.

This is on the HD-100 if that makes a difference.

What is your animation settings in sage? That makes a difference on things displaying right.

As for the speed what is your java heap size?

the 2gb of pictures is the caching of all the transformations by phoenix. You can change this location in your properties file but I would recomend leaving on the c drive but you can change to your fanart share and add a transformations folder. If you do this keep in mind you will have to redo all scaling/transformations.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
I am also seeing a stange behavior of the fanart.
Sagetv 6.6.2 WHS and PC client
sageMC 6.3.9b_9
MBT 3.1
phonix 1.44
SMW 4
Did the conversion and transfornation.

When I enter the grid view I see no posters just the background image. scroling changes the file name at the bottom but no poster. once I press the esc to invoke the bottom menue then the posters appear. When I close the menu the posters dissapear again.

I wall view the selected file is totaly black. No poster and no frame.
Again when I start the menu the poster appears with the frame and disaapears again when I close the menu.
Try deleting all the properties that start with "pluckyhd" from your properties file (with sage off and service stoped)

Also what are you animation settings?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
This isn't really a bug, but it is odd. When My wall reaches the end the focused movie tries to remain visible when the info side is on top. The picture will explain better than I can.

Also, I can't get wrapping to work. It used to when I used v2, but not anymore.
It will do that unless you have wrapping on. If you can't get it on delete your properties files that start with "pluckyhd" I would be willing to bet you have some v2 properties in there.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What is your animation settings in sage? That makes a difference on things displaying right.

As for the speed what is your java heap size?

the 2gb of pictures is the caching of all the transformations by phoenix. You can change this location in your properties file but I would recomend leaving on the c drive but you can change to your fanart share and add a transformations folder. If you do this keep in mind you will have to redo all scaling/transformations.
The only setting I've changed from defaults is Global Animations = ON which I found in the setup documentation somewhere. What should the animations be set to?

My java heap size is set to 1024MB. The server has 4GB of ram so...
Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyme View Post
The only setting I've changed from defaults is Global Animations = ON which I found in the setup documentation somewhere. What should the animations be set to?

My java heap size is set to 1024MB. The server has 4GB of ram so...
Sounds like maybe it is the hd100 or network I can't say because I only have hd200 but it runs smooth on both of mine.

Anyone got an hd100 working with smw?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sounds like maybe it is the hd100 or network I can't say because I only have hd200 but it runs smooth on both of mine.

Anyone got an hd100 working with smw?
HD100s are all I use and SMW v3 works fine on them.
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)
Old 09-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Try deleting all the properties that start with "pluckyhd" from your properties file (with sage off and service stoped)

Also what are you animation settings?
OK
did what you wrote. Also did the scaling and transformation again.
It is inconsistent. Sometimes I see the posters, I go back to the main menu, go back to the wall and no posters.
Animation is off.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Animation is off.
smw does not play nice with Animation = off... animations = on is required so all different layers show up correctly... i would recommend that you turn them on (at least temporarily to see if it helps)

plucky... maybe you want to add this morsel to your install instructions?
Check out TVExplorer