SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
So I did that, but the scaling and transformations only lasted about 3 seconds each (I was watching my processor usage). Was it supposed to last longer than that? I'm assuming then that all of the transformations and scaling was done right thefirst time.
What is the size of your video collection? there is really no way it would only last 3 seconds unless you only had like 5 videos.

Turn your debugging log on and let me see what is says (post it on here or pm me with it)

I am willing to be a phoenix or flux jar is not loaded right on your system. You do need to make sure you extracted the latest phoenix on the server.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'll do that tonight after HIMYM and Big Bang record.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

So now that I have debug mode on, the damn thing won't crash. My wife thinks I'm nuts for flying through the menu.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 10-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Fanart Stopped Displaying in Coverflow

Plucky,
I upgraded to V4, latest SageMC and everything seemed to be running faster and smoother until...

I had been using the default theme in SageMC and tried changing it. When I didn't like the result, I went back to the default, but now, my fanart won't display in coverflow view (or any other view for that matter). Posters still display just fine and metadata is there, just no backgrounds.

I've restarted my HD100, restarted Sage, etc. but nothing seems to work. I even tried re-applying the default them after rebooting everything, still no joy.

Got any ideas?
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)
Old 10-17-2009, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm starting here in the SMW thread, but I really don't know if this is a SMW issue or a SageMC 6.3.9b pre12 issue. I updated to the latest SageMC pre-release in order to try out SMW and now my filters in sagemc_menu.xml are not working. They worked fine in SageMC 6.3.9a before the upgrades.

Any idea where the issue may lie?

EDIT: Figured it out. My menu.xml file was pointing to the old Videos screen. Once I changed that to Sage Movie Wall, the filter seems to have taken effect. Although, I believe I need to have SMW rescan everything, since it's running very slowly.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7

Last edited by Skirge01; 10-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure if I have the latest latest, but I have a fairly recent copy. I noticed if you have a group of movies with the same name because its a 2 disc movie (like The Ten Commandments, Lord of the Rings Extended Edition, etc.), movie wall will show "null" and then lock up
Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
I'm not sure if I have the latest latest, but I have a fairly recent copy. I noticed if you have a group of movies with the same name because its a 2 disc movie (like The Ten Commandments, Lord of the Rings Extended Edition, etc.), movie wall will show "null" and then lock up
Name them will D01..D02 at the end.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This post is to limited in information.'

What is your java heap size?
What view?
Fixed focus or not?
Java Heap size is 272mb of 400mb

Coverflow and fixed focus. mainly, but it actually seems that any view I use is rather slow. The list view scrolls fast but the images seem to have a pause before loading.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
Java Heap size is 272mb of 400mb

Coverflow and fixed focus. mainly, but it actually seems that any view I use is rather slow. The list view scrolls fast but the images seem to have a pause before loading.
272 of 400mb?? You mean that much is what is being used of 400mb?

The pause is intended turn off fast scroll but that will slow the scrolling down slighty.

Did you run all transformations and scaling?
Old 10-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
272 of 400mb?? You mean that much is what is being used of 400mb?

The pause is intended turn off fast scroll but that will slow the scrolling down slighty.

Did you run all transformations and scaling?
yes sir, 272 is used of 400
Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
yes sir, 272 is used of 400
like i said try turning off fast scrolling..and make sure you did the transformations... beyond that without i log i can't help much mine as well as others does not show any speed issues.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, thanks for your help.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

well, I upped the java heap size to around 1gig, seems to helped some. I do have another issue, for some reason I have some dvd's that do not show their folder jpg for the dvd, it shows the empty dvd case image even though there is one the dvd folder.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

reset transformation and scaling

I'm with 4.0 and I recently went from a 480p display to 1080p.

I went back to transformations and scaling, changed the resolution setting and redid transformations and scaling.

Now I'm not 100% sure if it happened right away after that or a bit later but it seems that all the background that should show up i.e have fan art are black. It replaces the default background from the theme for this black background.

I think I could delete the content of C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\SMWBackgrounds and do the scaling and transformation again but I don't want to make it worse... The files that are there seem fine, I can read them and they are not black though.

Gog
Old 10-26-2009, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
I'm with 4.0 and I recently went from a 480p display to 1080p.

I went back to transformations and scaling, changed the resolution setting and redid transformations and scaling.

Now I'm not 100% sure if it happened right away after that or a bit later but it seems that all the background that should show up i.e have fan art are black. It replaces the default background from the theme for this black background.

I think I could delete the content of C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\SMWBackgrounds and do the scaling and transformation again but I don't want to make it worse... The files that are there seem fine, I can read them and they are not black though.

Gog
Yes Gog I would delete folder and redo scaling (no need to redo transformations)
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
well, I upped the java heap size to around 1gig, seems to helped some. I do have another issue, for some reason I have some dvd's that do not show their folder jpg for the dvd, it shows the empty dvd case image even though there is one the dvd folder.
Glad it helped. SMW does not work with folder.jpgs as per first post. However you can use the new tool I released

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44888

to convert all your folder jpegs to fanart structure.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

I finally convinced the wife to be able to use this addon fulltime, but I was trying to do 2 more things.
1. How do I change the font size in list view? It's a tiny bit small for me.
2. The left on back seems a bit broken in list view, when viewing files in folders. So I go to Tvshows->News-> then there are episodes here, when I hit left(from the episode folder), it jumps to Tvshows, and I have to hit left again, where it refreshes Tvshows, then left again to go back to the main Sage menu. Small issue, but since converting from Tivo left as back is my wifes way of traversing.

Other then those 2 very minor issues, this looks great!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any more documentation on how to use the Filters and Tags?

I have many DVDs and BluRays I have ripped down, then assembled into 1 movie file each. As far as I can tell the Filter Blu-Ray Filter only applies to movie ripped into a directory tree, not the approach I have used. Therefore the blu-ray rips do not show up as Blu-Ray in the filter. I must be misunderstanding how this works?

Thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Delays in scrolling between pages in SMW

Hi,

I just set up SMW. Very nice indeed, many thanks for the effort!!!

I have a small "issue" -- when using the wall and going up/down pages (using channel), I find that only the last visited page seems to be cached.

That is, say I have 3 pages of movies, when first starting SMW and going to page two (from one), there is a pause and then the wall scrolls. Going back to 1 scrolls back immediately, and same with going back to 2 again. Going to screen 3 there is again a pause before scrolling -- but going back to 2 is instant scrolling (as is going back to 3).

Then, going back to 1 (via 2), there is again a pause before the wall scrolls.

So, it feels like only one page worth of covers (the 'previous' page) is cached, and that other pages need to be re-rendered every time.

I have a similar experience just scrolling up & down a line at a time, but page-at-a-time takes much longer, so the experience is worse. Flipping back & forth ends up being frustrating as you then tend to overshoot etc.

Is there any way to up the number of cached pages, or even pre-cache more (all) of the rendering, so that scrolling is as smooth as it is going back-and-forth between two pages?

Current config is latest stable versions of SageMC, SMW, and BMT, v1.4 of Phoenix API, fast dual processor box as headless server, several HD200s. Java heap memory upped to 1GB (only a couple of hundred MB currently in use). I did all the prescaling and transforms as per install instructions.

Many thanks again!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
I had the same problem. Upgrading to v1.44 of the Phoenix API fixed it.

Good luck!