SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS View Post
I've been looking for this answer but am unable to find it in this thread...maybe I overlooked it.

I'm trying to change the default black background to an image so that it has the same look/feel as the rest of SageMC. Is this a .properties setting or a menu option?

I really do like the dark black so changing SageMC to black. Either way I'd like them to be the same across all screens.

Can this be done?

I really hope the newest version of Sage incorporates this STVi - it's great.

AWS

Can't change the default on SMW without going into studio coding. You can get a theme that has a black look can't think of the name or you can change the default bg theme in sagemc settings to a black image
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Hey Pluckyhd and thank you so much for all the work you put into this great project !!!
I just wanted to ask, is it normal for my toolbar to dissapear/stop working, once I enter "My Movies" section, after your wall is installed... What I mean is , the Toolbar for SageMC by MeInMaui, not works anymore only in your Movie Wall screens... If I exit , works well everywhere ...
Is it suppose to be like this ? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicu_n View Post
Hey Pluckyhd and thank you so much for all the work you put into this great project !!!
I just wanted to ask, is it normal for my toolbar to dissapear/stop working, once I enter "My Movies" section, after your wall is installed... What I mean is , the Toolbar for SageMC by MeInMaui, not works anymore only in your Movie Wall screens... If I exit , works well everywhere ...
Is it suppose to be like this ? Thanks.
Not sure what the "toolbar" is I am guessing the touchscreen app? If so then yes it does not work as I don't link to sagemc default themes.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Sage User

No, not the touhscreen... I am talking about the toolbar created by MeInMaui for better mouse/keyboard support.... Here is the link to it : http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=181

Last edited by voicu_n; 11-10-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Link added.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, not the touhscreen... I am talking about the toolbar created by MeInMaui for better mouse/keyboard support.... Here is the link to it : http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=181
Correct that one worked as it is linked throught the default themes which SMW does not use.

I am still amazed people use a mouse and not the keyboard/remote with Sage....
Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Sage User

On my HTPC in the livingroom it is reall comfy to use mouse and keyboard with sage for me... I use that pc for other activities as well, so I have wireless keyboard and mouse handy. Also I don't have set up my Harmony One for sage yet...
Anychance for a solution for me? Could maibe th tool bar be modified to use your theme commmands for your wall screens?
Thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

I sit at my PC, so why wouldn't I use the mouse :P.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Sage User

Problem on HD200

Hi Plucky;

Let me first say I love this plugin. It makes leaving leaving meedios really easy when there is plugins like this available for sage.

I am having one small problem though. It's probably a misconfiguration but I have tried everything to try to fix it.

Everything works great from the server directly, but when i access the plugin through my sage extender the screen goes black when you click on movie wall. The initial art display page comes up perfectly - the problem is after clicking on movie wall.

You can bring up the edit, osd and all the options at the bottom of screen, but display is just black.

If I change movie wall display options I might get an outline of a white box, but that's about it. If I set for grid view then I get a grid and that's all.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Oh one other question - Is there a way to exit the plugin after going into it with keyboard and mouse without having to exit sage completely?

Thanks again!

RJ
Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Sage User

I do not know about your extender problem , but about getting back out from movie wall using mouse and keyboard a few options that work for me :
- back button on mouse , if you have it ,
- left arrow on keyboard... actually left and right arrows on keyboard act as back and forwrd sage buttons ...
This should work until we manage to get that toolbar compatible with the wall ...(hint) (hint) , good luck !
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This should work until we manage to get that toolbar compatible with the wall ...(hint) (hint) , good luck !
my guess is that programming the toolbar to work with the wall would be a major PITA and is probably not worth it because keyboard and remote navigation works good enough for most people. (then again i could be wrong and it might be super simple)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-12-2009, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On my HTPC in the livingroom it is reall comfy to use mouse and keyboard with sage for me... I use that pc for other activities as well, so I have wireless keyboard and mouse handy. Also I don't have set up my Harmony One for sage yet...
Anychance for a solution for me? Could maibe th tool bar be modified to use your theme commmands for your wall screens?
Thanks
It functions well with the keyboard if you have your shortcuts for remote keys setup like you want. Some of the views are just not possible to make mouse friendly as for the toolbar I will look at it but as razor said if it is a PITA i will bypass it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsj2000 View Post
Hi Plucky;

Let me first say I love this plugin. It makes leaving leaving meedios really easy when there is plugins like this available for sage.

I am having one small problem though. It's probably a misconfiguration but I have tried everything to try to fix it.

Everything works great from the server directly, but when i access the plugin through my sage extender the screen goes black when you click on movie wall. The initial art display page comes up perfectly - the problem is after clicking on movie wall.

You can bring up the edit, osd and all the options at the bottom of screen, but display is just black.

If I change movie wall display options I might get an outline of a white box, but that's about it. If I set for grid view then I get a grid and that's all.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Oh one other question - Is there a way to exit the plugin after going into it with keyboard and mouse without having to exit sage completely?

Thanks again!

RJ
My guess is you have some left over/ bad properties from SMW earlier builds in your properties file for your extender i would start by opening that properties file (under your clients folder in sagetv) and delte any properties that start with "pluckyhd" also what are your java heap settings?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Skye,

When testing my SMW for the default I noticed that things really slow down if the video is not accessible. (Like when your import directory with all of your movies points to a NAS that is turned off.)

I *think* this is a phoenix 1.44 issue but can't be certain. Can you try this out on your system to see if you can reproduce it?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Skye,

When testing my SMW for the default I noticed that things really slow down if the video is not accessible. (Like when your import directory with all of your movies points to a NAS that is turned off.)

I *think* this is a phoenix 1.44 issue but can't be certain. Can you try this out on your system to see if you can reproduce it?

Thanks,

Tom
All I give it a go but that could be the case. don't know how phoenix would cause it though?

Also I haven't forgotten about getting you changes for default just haven't had time to make them in sagemc yet.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Sage User

Anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

I am getting weird backgrounds. I *think* the problem has to do with 8-bit grayscale and 8-bit PNGs, but was wondering if anyone had other ideas before I start converting.

You can see the problem in the below file.

I'm having problems testing because even if I delete or resave the original in the fanart folder and in the cache file, the "old" image is still coming up.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg err.jpg (36.5 KB, 293 views)
Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

I am getting weird backgrounds. I *think* the problem has to do with 8-bit grayscale and 8-bit PNGs, but was wondering if anyone had other ideas before I start converting.

You can see the problem in the below file.

I'm having problems testing because even if I delete or resave the original in the fanart folder and in the cache file, the "old" image is still coming up.

Thanks.
yes I saw this in coding allot when I would use bad pngs (or what sage considered to be bad pngs) I could view them fine on my computer but in sage they would look like that.

Also it could be that the bg files are png's and not jpegs like phoneix expects but I am not sure on that one as I think pngs are okay in general.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Skye,

Thanks,

Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
All I give it a go but that could be the case. don't know how phoenix would cause it though?
I have no idea if phoenix does this.... but if when the phoenix code cannot find (or access) a file it pauses for a timeout (rather then immediately moving on) this would cause a significant slowdown
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 11-12-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post

Also I haven't forgotten about getting you changes for default just haven't had time to make them in sagemc yet.
The reason I think it may be phoenix related is that the problem only started happening when I upgraded from whatever the previous phoenix version was to phoenix 1.44. I can't really say for sure, I'll have to test some more.

No problems on the 4.01 updates. I'm just wrapping up cleaning up my code to remove dependencies on SageMC and making the install more user friendly. Some suckers, ... er ... I mean testers, .. are trying it out.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay guys I have not been very active/busy on the sage front with ortus or other things. I have been pretty busy with life and haven't had much time to play in sage just wanted to let everyone know. I haven't forgotten about sage and given it is the holidays wanted to let everyone have an early thanksgiving present of a couple of screenshots. These are very very very early and may change drastic but will give you an idea of where I am going with Sage Media Manager. I plan on it being much much more customizable/themable. In other words I want it to be like the dynamic menus where you can move/resize place things pretty much where you want to your liking. I probably will not release anything until Sage V7 and who knows when that will be but here you go (again early and rough)

Movie
Tv series

The plan is to incorporate Music and maybe pictures in the mediatypes that are selecteable. There will be a smaller number of view than SMW but like I said the goal is to make them universal and customizable.

cheers and happy holidays
Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Looks good.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I like it Plucky, does this mean Ortus is on hold, or is this in addition? If its in addition, you are a work-a-holic! keep up the good work!