SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
I like it Plucky, does this mean Ortus is on hold, or is this in addition? If its in addition, you are a work-a-holic! keep up the good work!
This has nothing to do with ortus other than it will use some of the API from ortus. Orus is not on hold others are still delinginglty working I believe I just have had time for sage allot lately.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for sharing the screenshots Plucky. I especially like the TV series menu: clean, simple, yet elegant. Great work as always!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey all.... been away from the scene for a bit. What is Ortus? Plucky....Great Work on SMW!!!
________
NU50

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
What is Ortus?
replacement stv that some of us are collaborating on... check out the sagemc screenshot thread for some screen shot teasers.... no there is no eta
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I newly installed and setup Moviewall and have a new user question that is probably answered in this thread already. I scanned through it all over this past hour but didn't see it.

I have a lot of "junk" in my movie library (blueray bonus features, TV documentaries about the movie, etc) and its messing up how moviewall looks and operates. I am already using the filter method so that when Moviewall launches, it only displays files from the movie directories.

Is there a way to also have moviewall filter out any file that doesn't have metadata upon launch? Fanart is something I would prefer to not filter by, as I have hundreds of movies from Asia that do not have any fanart and these would get filtered as well. However, if I can't do it by metadata, is there a way to filter out anything without fanart on launch?

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
I newly installed and setup Moviewall and have a new user question that is probably answered in this thread already. I scanned through it all over this past hour but didn't see it.

I have a lot of "junk" in my movie library (blueray bonus features, TV documentaries about the movie, etc) and its messing up how moviewall looks and operates. I am already using the filter method so that when Moviewall launches, it only displays files from the movie directories.

Is there a way to also have moviewall filter out any file that doesn't have metadata upon launch? Fanart is something I would prefer to not filter by, as I have hundreds of movies from Asia that do not have any fanart and these would get filtered as well. However, if I can't do it by metadata, is there a way to filter out anything without fanart on launch?

Thanks!
You can't filter by no metadata but you can by no fanart just uncheck the show nofanart option in the universal options.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks PluckyHD!

Is it possible to have that set so it filters on startup? Or is it possible to use 2 filters at the same time? My issue, besides not seeing movies that have no fanart that I would like to see, is that I cannot select unwatched and no fanart at the same time.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
Thanks PluckyHD!

Is it possible to have that set so it filters on startup? Or is it possible to use 2 filters at the same time? My issue, besides not seeing movies that have no fanart that I would like to see, is that I cannot select unwatched and no fanart at the same time.

Thanks!

Yes the filters when set should "stick" permanetly unless you change them again.

At current itteration no it isn't possible for more than one filter at a time but that will be coming in SageMediaWall.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

For those of you monitoring this thread just put up a poll

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45551

your feedback is appreciated.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ah, I see. Thanks PluckyHD, I guess I will hold on for SMW .

Sure, be happy to vote in the poll .
Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

First of all I personally love this!! It is fabulous.

Wife on the other hand.....

Her complaints (Hope you can help)

Slow -- initial screen comes up fast but after clicking on Movie Wall it takes a few seconds to open. (not a big issue) The issue she has is when she attempts to scroll through the movies to find one the kids want to watch... just too slow for her... is there anything I can tweak to fix this?

Sorting -- Even though it looks great, I guess I just dont get the structure of it. The old way I had the initial screen where it gave the categories then after choosing one it showed just those..

Is there a way to have a category selection view as your 1st page? This would make it easier to keep the kiddies from seeing movies (and fanart) they shouldnt be seeing out of sight.

For example: Caligula and Cars are right next to each other.. the combination of slow transition between movies and my lack of knowledge of filtering or whatnot make for an interesting discution with my 6 yr old on what she just saw... lol

Any help would be great..
Old 11-28-2009, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
First of all I personally love this!! It is fabulous.

Wife on the other hand.....

Her complaints (Hope you can help)

Slow -- initial screen comes up fast but after clicking on Movie Wall it takes a few seconds to open. (not a big issue) The issue she has is when she attempts to scroll through the movies to find one the kids want to watch... just too slow for her... is there anything I can tweak to fix this?

Sorting -- Even though it looks great, I guess I just dont get the structure of it. The old way I had the initial screen where it gave the categories then after choosing one it showed just those..

Is there a way to have a category selection view as your 1st page? This would make it easier to keep the kiddies from seeing movies (and fanart) they shouldnt be seeing out of sight.

For example: Caligula and Cars are right next to each other.. the combination of slow transition between movies and my lack of knowledge of filtering or whatnot make for an interesting discution with my 6 yr old on what she just saw... lol

Any help would be great..
Need more information to help you further

client/server/or extender ?
what is your java heap size?

As for your category question when loading the mainpage you can easily go to categories from there and drill down from that view there is also a shortcut for categories listed on the first post to pull it up anytime.

What view on the wall you are using? The speed should be instant.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Sage User

I tried installing this a few weeks ago and was having fits with Jetty. I finally took the time today to start off with a fresh install of Sage on WHS and a new fresh install of the client on Windows 7 and everything installed without a hitch this time. Excellent work! The few people that I have shown it to already are simply amazed by it.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD200 extender

Heap size is 1024 I believe (I'm at work so not sure but I believe this to be true)

View I am using right now is the Grid View Black

I have roughly 200 movies in it currently

Ill take a peek at the category view as I didn't see it b4.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
HD200 extender

Heap size is 1024 I believe (I'm at work so not sure but I believe this to be true)

View I am using right now is the Grid View Black

I have roughly 200 movies in it currently

Ill take a peek at the category view as I didn't see it b4.
Should not be any delay with that small of a movie collection. did you perform all background scaling and all image transformations on the first load menu?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

one thing thats been bugging me lately is the cache size. i lost 6GB out of nowhere and finally figured out where.

plucky why is it that the cache ends up 3 bigger then my fanart folder see capture.png and the biggest folder is smwbackgrounds see captur2.png. i scaled them for 720p if it matters

i had to move the cache cuz it filled up my ssd too much
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (92.1 KB, 190 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (95.1 KB, 194 views)
Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Sage User

Trying to install

I have been a standalone user, but want to get the functionality of the SMW. I downloaded the SageTV server trial software and am configuring it per the instructions at http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...version-4.html

I think the installation was going well until I got to 4. Download and install latest beta of SageMovieWall (SMW), currently v4.

I got the actor images the download. It says to extract all files to //centralfanartartfolder/Actors. Do I just make a shared network drive and give the drive that folder name?

Also, more importantly, I did the following:

Start back up SageTV and in SageMC go to Settings, select "Import STVi", and load SageMovieWall.xml

I then loaded the SageMovieWall stv, which was clearly a mistake. My screen for SageTV has gone black and I can't get control back. How do I get back to the menu screen?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Sage User

I've got SMW running excellent on a PC client with Windows 7. Everything works as it should and is fast and responsive. The Sage server is on a WHS box. I have just under 500 movies on my server.

I'm trying to run a HD100 extender and I cannot get it to work with SMW. Some of the menu options within SMW are garbled (showing REF#....), and it will not load fanart or display the background on the home page, but the cover art/posters and actors are working fine. It will also not display the info window, but it displays the correct title, rating, and IMDB rating from the metadata on the wall. It is also extremely slow. Even the menus within SMW take 15 to 20 seconds to respond to a click.

I have ran the image scaler and transformations from the scaling menu multiple times. I have changed the fanart path from I:/fanart to the UNC path, reverted back to the SageMC STV which works fine and has no delay. Tried loading the SMW STV with and without loading the BMT plugin first. Being that some of the menu options are garbled, I'm assuming its something directly related to SMW.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeyer View Post

Start back up SageTV and in SageMC go to Settings, select "Import STVi", and load SageMovieWall.xml

I then loaded the SageMovieWall stv, which was clearly a mistake. My screen for SageTV has gone black and I can't get control back. How do I get back to the menu screen?
I'm not sure what you mean by loading the sagemoviewall stv. There is no such beast. You correctly imported the stvi and after that you should have went to step 5. I'm not sure how to recover, you just might want to start from scratch again... sorry. This time I would suggest you save your sagetv folder each step of the way so you can easily recover if you make a mistake.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
one thing thats been bugging me lately is the cache size. i lost 6GB out of nowhere and finally figured out where.

plucky why is it that the cache ends up 3 bigger then my fanart folder see capture.png and the biggest folder is smwbackgrounds see captur2.png. i scaled them for 720p if it matters

i had to move the cache cuz it filled up my ssd too much
This is due to the fact there are multiple transformations for each image where your fanart folder is just on image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeyer View Post
I have been a standalone user, but want to get the functionality of the SMW. I downloaded the SageTV server trial software and am configuring it per the instructions at http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...version-4.html

I think the installation was going well until I got to 4. Download and install latest beta of SageMovieWall (SMW), currently v4.

I got the actor images the download. It says to extract all files to //centralfanartartfolder/Actors. Do I just make a shared network drive and give the drive that folder name?

delete the stv= line from your properties file and start over from default you are probably importing it as stv and not stvi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post
I've got SMW running excellent on a PC client with Windows 7. Everything works as it should and is fast and responsive. The Sage server is on a WHS box. I have just under 500 movies on my server.

I'm trying to run a HD100 extender and I cannot get it to work with SMW. Some of the menu options within SMW are garbled (showing REF#....), and it will not load fanart or display the background on the home page, but the cover art/posters and actors are working fine. It will also not display the info window, but it displays the correct title, rating, and IMDB rating from the metadata on the wall. It is also extremely slow. Even the menus within SMW take 15 to 20 seconds to respond to a click.

I have ran the image scaler and transformations from the scaling menu multiple times. I have changed the fanart path from I:/fanart to the UNC path, reverted back to the SageMC STV which works fine and has no delay. Tried loading the SMW STV with and without loading the BMT plugin first. Being that some of the menu options are garbled, I'm assuming its something directly related to SMW.
Where you sure and extracted the complete zip on the server? It sounds like the jars didn't get loaded that is why I ask. If you load SMW before BMT plugin there will be one menu item garbled. If you are not running plugin it doesn't matter. Remember just because everything is extracted right on the client doesn't mean it is on the server they are completely independent as far as jars and such.