SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

View Poll Results: What is your Favorite SMW view
List View 18 38.30%
Wall View 15 31.91%
CoverFlow 5 10.64%
3D Wall 2 4.26%
Grid View 5 10.64%
Small List View 5 10.64%
What's to Come (even though it has it's flaws) 6 12.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2009, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

What is your favorite SMW View?

Title says it all going to start after the holidays working on Sage Media Wall (Don't expect this anytime quickly!!)

Wanted some input on what views people like and are using as I won't have as many views in the next developement project.

Also if you would like to make others comments about the ui please feel free below.

Cheers and thanks for feedback.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 11-25-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am pretty new to SMW, so I will come back after I have used it for a bit. However, ideally the view I would most like to see is list view or small list view but in the functionality of SageMC's filesystem view (directory browsing). Its hard having everything listed out the way it is now when you've got thousands of movies.

As for features, I will come back after using it a bit. However 1 feature I want, you are actually already going to add, multiple filters.

More than that, my inital desire is more filters and inverse filters and sorting options. There is unwatched, how about watched, there is fanart, how about no fanart, etc. Then I'd like to see a no metadata and metadata filter, genre filters (this may be tough since everyone's genres seem to be differnt in SageTV), and star rating filters (3+ stars, 4+ stars, etc). For sorting options, sorting by star rating (ascending/descending) is one I would really like to see. BMT scrapes the movie release date and puts it in the airdate field, so sorting by airdate would be nice. I believe import date is stored somewhere, sorting by that would be realy great.

Other than that, so far SMW is really excellent. I am only using it for movies but, if I understand, this project would be for TV as well. For TV, I would really need some kind of folder system to browse as a big list of over 16000 files would be useless .
Old 11-25-2009, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
However, ideally the view I would most like to see is list view or small list view but in the functionality of SageMC's filesystem view (directory browsing). Its hard having everything listed out the way it is now when you've got thousands of movies.
Confused by this you can use small list view or any view with files-system structure?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Been a while since I've used it Plucky, but when I WAS using it, I preferred the grid view. I think the scaling was just about right as far as the size of the posters and background images. I never really liked the background images really being full-screen backgrounds, and the 'in a window' view keeps things much cleaner.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Plucky,

I have my SMW setup so that it starts in List View (showing the file system) and on 'dill down' it goes to wall view. Love it!

Thanks again for all the hard work on this.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Started out using Cover Flow but found that the backgrounds caused delays that just got in the way of browsing. Switched to Wall View, but reduced the number of rows and columns to make it less "busy".
Old 11-27-2009, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

List view for me.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

hmmm.....Interesting results the majority are chosing List view never would have guessed. Are you guys using the info list view (screencap)or the full one?

Never would have thought that would be number one
Old 11-28-2009, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

I use the other one.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
, genre filters (this may be tough since everyone's genres seem to be differnt in SageTV), and star rating filters (3+ stars, 4+ stars, etc). For sorting options, sorting by star rating (ascending/descending) is one I would really like to see. BMT scrapes the movie release date and puts it in the airdate field, so sorting by airdate would be nice.
to further help you on this besides the file-system being available on all views.

There is a genre/categorie view from the homepage or a shortcut key is posted on the first page of the SMW post.

Also there is a sort by release date.

cheers
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

list view here too.

main reason for me is that i have too many files without fanart so i get the stupid disc logo more then the fanart - still wish there would be a screen grab like in sagemc / default stv to use instead of the blank dvd logo if there is no fanart
Old 12-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Sage Expert

are you all using movie wall with HD200s or are some of you using it with HD100s?

I've got two HD100s and it's almost too slow to use.

I did recently upgrade my java heap size from default 256 to 1025mb so I'll need to try again.

Hopefully it'll be better.