SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been enjoying SMW very much since I installed it a month or so ago. I still have some issues to sort out (mostly related to multi discs etc) but right now I am just concentrating in getting the 2k+ DVDs into the WHS.

The SageTV is connected to a 52" LCD. I just got an HD200 yesterday which is now connected to a 42" plasma. I wish that the display of the covers on the HD200 showed perhaps less covers per page because although it looks very nice on the 52", on the 42" it looks a little small and crammed. The question is, can I change the number of covers per page and, possibly, other display options without affecting the sagetv's?

Thanks again for the great plug in.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I have been enjoying SMW very much since I installed it a month or so ago. I still have some issues to sort out (mostly related to multi discs etc) but right now I am just concentrating in getting the 2k+ DVDs into the WHS.

The SageTV is connected to a 52" LCD. I just got an HD200 yesterday which is now connected to a 42" plasma. I wish that the display of the covers on the HD200 showed perhaps less covers per page because although it looks very nice on the 52", on the 42" it looks a little small and crammed. The question is, can I change the number of covers per page and, possibly, other display options without affecting the sagetv's?

Thanks again for the great plug in.
same answer to your question in the TVE thread. Each UI is completely independent from a configuration perspective. So yes you can adjust the settings (press options on the remote or cntrl + O on the keyboard) on one UI without effecting the other.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great and thanks for the quick response!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to change the default background that SMW uses when there is no fanart for a movie?
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K

Last edited by alfi33; 12-06-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
Is there a way to change the default background that SMW uses when there is no fanart for a movie?
Not currently no it uses the theme background.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Sage User

I have SMW up and running.... Looks great!!!
One problem though. whenever i scroll over one specific movie, from HD200 or placeshifter client, it immediately shuts down the WHS service. Has anyone else had this issue? anyone with any thoughts?
Thanks ahead of time...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocke View Post
One problem though. whenever i scroll over one specific movie, from HD200 or placeshifter client, it immediately shuts down the WHS service. Has anyone else had this issue? anyone with any thoughts?
Thanks ahead of time...
What view?

Does it happen to have a large/high res poster or background for the fanart?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks ahead of time...
Also what's are your java heap size? (768 mb or 1gb are recommended)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Sage User

ah... i will check into the java heap size. i only have 2gbRAM in the WHS machine so when i set the heap size i set it to half of what everyone with 4gb machines was setting it too, 512mb. it is shows up like this 112/191/533. can i set it larger with only 2gb RAM? i wasn't sure.

I am sure the fanart is fairly large being that it is my latest addition to my collection, Star Trek. i will try manually changing the fanart and see if i can then scroll to it.

thanks for your quick responses

Last edited by blocke; 12-09-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
ah... i will check into the java heap size. i only have 2gbRAM in the WHS machine so when i set the heap size i set it to half of what everyone with 4gb machines was setting it too, 512mb. it is shows up like this 112/191/533. can i set it larger with only 2gb RAM? i wasn't sure.

I am sure the fanart is fairly large being that it is my latest addition to my collection, Star Trek. i will try manually changing the fanart and see if i can then scroll to it.

thanks for your quick responses

I'm running XP with 2gb RAM. I've only recently upped my java heap size from the default 256mb.

I've been running at 1gb for about a week, maybe a bit more, with no problems. My peak memory usage has stayed below my physical memory size too.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Sage User

Where can I download Phoenix 1.44? I've installed bmt 3.1 but the web interface says I have Phoenix version 1.43. I'm having the issue with the file system view not showing anything.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Sage User

Ah, finally found a link to it in a post. That took much more work to find than I expected :/

But it fixed the problem yay!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoSan View Post
Ah, finally found a link to it in a post. That took much more work to find than I expected :/

But it fixed the problem yay!
Yes BMT,phoenix,sagemc and moviewall are a long drawn out process. I hope to elimate/help with some of that with SMM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

How to play second disk

Hello,

guess this has been asked already but I could not find it ... apologize in advance.

In SMW using the Wall view sometimes I have movies showing as "2 Videos" inside the same cd sleeve, infact they are made of 2 cd sets. When I start playback I always have the 1st one playing. Question is: how do I play the 2nd one once the 1st is over?

Other movies appear in the wall as two separate items but this is not always the case.

I am running the latest release of SMW.
Folder structure is as follows:

Movies\<MovieTitle>\cd1\<MovieTitle>.avi
Movies\<MovieTitle>\cd2\<MovieTitle>.avi

TIA
Old 12-10-2009, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Genre support

Hi Plucky, is there any plans for adding Genre groups the way the default sageMC does? Currently, I have several hundred bluray movies, video clips, etc... including a large music video collection which SageMovieWall can't handle. Instead of seeing pages and pages of unrelated movies/videos or having to do manual filtering every time, it think it would be very nice to take it a step further by seemlessly integrating Genre support (showing Genres categories to choose from first). As I add bluray movies to my collection, they get put into their own genres automatically using BMI (with very little manual intervention from me); which would be great to take advantage of in SMW.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-10-2009, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
Hello,

guess this has been asked already but I could not find it ... apologize in advance.

In SMW using the Wall view sometimes I have movies showing as "2 Videos" inside the same cd sleeve, infact they are made of 2 cd sets. When I start playback I always have the 1st one playing. Question is: how do I play the 2nd one once the 1st is over?

Other movies appear in the wall as two separate items but this is not always the case.

I am running the latest release of SMW.
Folder structure is as follows:

Movies\<MovieTitle>\cd1\<MovieTitle>.avi
Movies\<MovieTitle>\cd2\<MovieTitle>.avi

TIA
you need the movietitle to be d01 and d02 to differentiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Plucky, is there any plans for adding Genre groups the way the default sageMC does? Currently, I have several hundred bluray movies, video clips, etc... including a large music video collection which SageMovieWall can't handle. Instead of seeing pages and pages of unrelated movies/videos or having to do manual filtering every time, it think it would be very nice to take it a step further by seemlessly integrating Genre support (showing Genres categories to choose from first). As I add bluray movies to my collection, they get put into their own genres automatically using BMI (with very little manual intervention from me); which would be great to take advantage of in SMW.

Mike there is a category view on the homepage is this not what you are wanting?

Category view

Also search brings up quick categories where you can navigate quickly you can also turn on auto update and it will instantly update the screen with movies from that category as you navigate.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, I saw that screenshot, I wasn't sure what that was since I didnt see anything that showed all the Genres in one screen. Is that what Catagory view does?

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
you need the movietitle to be d01 and d02 to differentiate

Mike there is a category view on the homepage is this not what you are wanting?

Category view

Also search brings up quick categories where you can navigate quickly you can also turn on auto update and it will instantly update the screen with movies from that category as you navigate.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-11-2009, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks, I saw that screenshot, I wasn't sure what that was since I didnt see anything that showed all the Genres in one screen. Is that what Catagory view does?

-Mike
yeah that is a bad screencap on my part. You will get all the categories listed across the bottom.

categories=genre's
Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Improvements needed in SMW to be good enough to replace SageMC MyVideos.

PluckyHD, I am hoping you will be able to take constructive criticism, but there are some pretty significant issues with the latest SMW2 for sageMC that you should know about. They are pretty obvious to me.

I dont know of a way to get SMW to default to the catagories screen first. Even if I did, the graphics for it are relatively poor compared to even the default sageMC "My Videos" Genres screen (see for yourself):

The genre thumbnails are way too small in respect to the rest of the screen. There is no reason why I shouldnt be able to fit all my genres on the screen. Also, the whole retro film "effect" for the artwork on most of the catagory screen simply isnt on par with the rest of the graphics you would expect from a modern sageMC addon. It doesnt even come close to the graphics you see in the Grid View. I would expect each genre to have it's own 3D picture on the screen instead of being crammed in he bottom in a small 2d icon.

Compare this:

To this: (kind of weak)

Also, there seems to be a bug with the Wall View. If I reduce the number of columns (9 is just too many for my taste), the movie thumbnails get stretched out. Also, having space between each movie poster certainly would be nice (although, I understand you trying to copy the way MS Media Center does it).

Also, the 3D Wall doesnt look that good IMHO, maybe its because of a studio limitation, but it wold look much nicer if the wall actually curved around the right hand corner of the screen instead of just showing the thumbnails on 10 degree angle. I dont really see a 3D effect there that looks appealing. I doubt you will find someone who would want to use this view in it's current status. But, that's just the way my eyes see it.

Your Grid View is definitely the most promising out of all the views; and I could easily see myself using this once the Genre/Catagory portion of this addon has evolved to start up automatically first and improve on the aesthetics of the Catagory/genre View... at least so it's as good as what's offered by sageMC's My Videos. The "Grid View" only require minor tweaks such as offering a black background that's actually black instead of brown (with a few more cool backgrounds that are similar to chose from); with the option to use the default sagemc default background as the "Grid Color" for this Grid View. The fanart background in this mode may need to be resized a little bit as well (maybe even having the option to take up the entire background instead of having a background color and fanart background. Spending time on this view might be the easiest to update.

Once these adjustments are made, you will have yourself an addon that can take the place of the sageMC My Videos menu without any compromise in looks and functionality.

I know you spent a lot of time no this, but if someone didnt give you feedback, you might not have known. Let me know if there's anything I can do to further assist.

Please dont kill me for these observations. Its just want my eyes see right off the bat without even thinking about it.

Sincerely,
-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
yeah that is a bad screencap on my part. You will get all the categories listed across the bottom.

categories=genre's

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 12-15-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike,

It sounds like the default video library is better suited for you that is why there are options...

SMW is no longer in development as per a few post back as SMM will be replacing it..