SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks PLuckyHD. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with sageMC's My Videos. There really isnt anything that can replace it yet. At least I gave the latest SMW my best effort to make it work. Thanks so much for all your work anyway. Im sure there are many people who still can use your addon for certain applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Mike,

It sounds like the default video library is better suited for you that is why there are options...

SMW is no longer in development as per a few post back as SMM will be replacing it..

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

In general I quite like the movie wall view as my second level screen (after navigating through the genres in list view). I agree with respect to the DVD cover stretching. It would be nice if in SMM the aspect ratio for DVD covers was fixed, or at least if fixing the aspect ratio was an option.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Why don't you set the number of visible cover so that the aspect ratio is OK?

If you want to see less covers, reduce the number of rows...

Gog
Old 12-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

But if you reduce the number of rows, it stretches the covers :P.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
But if you reduce the number of rows, it stretches the covers :P.

Actually, I did that yesterday. 5 rows was ridiculous, even on a 52 inch screen.

I set it to 4 rows and the number of columns was modified automatically to something that looks right.

It could be that the # of columns was wrong before but I don't think so and I don't remember messing with that setting before.

So either I'm clever and forgetful or SMW did it itself
Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I really had high hopes for this addon. I guess some people are more picky about functionality/asthetics in the UI than others; which is why there are people who are even quite happy with the default sageTV STV.

Hopefully SMM or something else will also address the very weak music library/music playback subsysstem on sageMC with automatic fanart support.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

hey guys,

the covers/rows are independent and just have to be adjust until you get the aspect you want on the covers. You can's go one extreme and the aspect stay correct.

I didn't respect the aspect ratio because if you go to extreme one or the other the whole look get's thrown off drastically not looking right.

this will be address a bit better in SMM and you will have a little better look. but if you respect the aspect again not all covers are the same width/height so you will not get the best looking ui. I tried to settle for the best overall look and not respecting the aspects gave me that.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I really had high hopes for this addon. I guess some people are more picky about functionality/asthetics in the UI than others; which is why there are people who are even quite happy with the default sageTV STV.

H
I take that as a personal cut. I am sorry you don't like ui I have created and it apparently doesn't meet your standards (does antyhing?), but I have allot of happy users as you can tell from the over 1k post and 50k views of this thread. Again this application took allot of time and effort and many many hours have gone into this by me and some helping developers here and there. If you don't like something that is fine, it's not for you and you don't have to use it,but no reason to pick things apart, things people have worked hard on.

Bottom line is I am very open to people's suggestions and comments and have incorporated allot of them into SMW and SMM but to say something is not good enough for your standards goes a little to far and didn't need to be said IMHO.

It is post like this that make me wonder why waste my time developing....
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I take that as a personal cut. I am sorry you don't like ui I have created and it apparently doesn't meet your standards (does antyhing?), but I have allot of happy users as you can tell from the over 1k post and 50k views of this thread. Again this application took allot of time and effort and many many hours have gone into this by me and some helping developers here and there. If you don't like something that is fine, it's not for you and you don't have to use it,but no reason to pick things apart, things people have worked hard on.

Bottom line is I am very open to people's suggestions and comments and have incorporated allot of them into SMW and SMM but to say something is not good enough for your standards goes a little to far and didn't need to be said IMHO.

You waste your time because of people like me that have no programming knowledge or creativity to make an addon like SMW. I love it. Granted there are a few minor things I don't like, but they aren't very relevant. I love being able to go into wall view and look at a giant wall of my movies. I look forward to SMM and ortus.

Don't let people get you down. You know from the amout of people using this addon that more like it than don't. Keep up the good work.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

FWIW, according to my research SMW has the highest recorded jaw->floor count of any Sage add-in
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Plucky....trust me when I say, you are not wasting any time. Every person who comes to see my HT setup.....their first question is what software are you using to display your movies? (including chicks... ). I spend more time showing my SMW setup to people than my actual room construction or equipment setup.
The best way to deal with some of these never satisfied users is to just ignore them. Simply quoting you, "If you don't like it, don't use it...stop whining about it".
I really appreciate the tremendous amount of time and effort you have put into this and for that....Thank you!!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

PLUCKYHD, please forgive me if I offended you in any way. Im not sure what I said to upset you enough to think youre wasting your time developing. Most developers, including me, develop sageTV enhancements to help improve their own personal sageTV experience; and, share if they think others could use it too. You are a great asset to the sageTV community and consider you as a good sageTV online friend. I'm sure deep down you know I didnt mean anything bad. Admittedly, I'm not the best person for sugar-coating criticism/opinions/suggestions. Just because your addon in its' current state doesnt meet my personal needs, that shouldn't let that bring your spirits down buddy. Not even Jesus was able to please everyone. I understand very well the effort and time it takes to make addons for sageTV; as, I just contributed my first SageTV import: Movie Trailers Search for SageMC (with the help of Koelec from this forum). I have more addons on the way; which may or may not be useful for others forum members.

Keep up the good work,
Michael

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

I want to say thanks to those that posted and private messaged support. I fell off the wagon this morning and have since calmed down. I think with ortus and smm and Phoenix and tve really good things and lots of options are coming no one solution will be perfect for everyone but I am happy to be contributing where I can and again appreciate everyone that has supported and helped make smw what is today.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

No worries, it happens to the best of us under pressure. I am one of the many people anxiously waiting for Ortus!

Quote:
I want to say thanks to those that posted and private messaged support. I fell off the wagon this morning and have since calmed down. I think with ortus and smm and Phoenix and tve really good things and lots of options are coming no one solution will be perfect for everyone but I am happy to be contributing where I can and again appreciate everyone that has supported and helped make smw what is today.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Sage User

about filter

just trying this plugin and all is awesome but im have some issuses i have .mkv movies and ripped dvd's and m2ts hd movies is there anyway that i can have all these movive formats show up in all movies and under catorgys (opps spelling) without have to select the view flillter everytime i want to watch a differnt movie in a differnt file format
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
just trying this plugin and all is awesome but im have some issuses i have .mkv movies and ripped dvd's and m2ts hd movies is there anyway that i can have all these movive formats show up in all movies and under catorgys (opps spelling) without have to select the view flillter everytime i want to watch a differnt movie in a differnt file format
Set filter to none and it will show all.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage User

if i do that i see all my tvshows as well which i dont wont to see i aslo have tv explore for my ripped tv shows so i want your plugin just for movies so is there a way to do it?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
if i do that i see all my tvshows as well which i dont wont to see i aslo have tv explore for my ripped tv shows so i want your plugin just for movies so is there a way to do it?

Yes in the universal options uncheck to show tv in none filter.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Sage User

i just selected tv shows in filters and it only shows the tv shows,but thats not what i want i would like it like this (say batman movie in m2ts hd and say batman 2 in dvd format and last say batman 3 in mkv format with me? i want them in catergorys and in all movies) but at the moment i have to select dvd filter to show dvd's then no dvd to mkv and m2ts formats why cant they be together as movies coz a bit off a pain having to select the filters all the time a
jake
Old 12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Expert

That's how I do it. I have SMW for movies and TV Explorer for tv only.