SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:03 AM

Trouble accessing USB Drive from PC

Using Firmware v20081230 0.

I have a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320 USB Hard drive connected to the HD200. Formatted as ext3, also tried FAT32.

Attempt to display a picture on the drive using a Vista PC never displays the image. Tried different ones, same results.

Also tried to add all music files from Vista PC to Media Monkey library and Media Monkey gets stuck adding files to library. While this is happening can get on HD200 using TV and all appears to be well, even played the song that MM was stuck on.

Can copy files to/from USB Hard Drive connected to HD200.

Thanks
Patrick

Last edited by montaspm; 05-24-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:33 AM

Loaded beta firmware 20090505 0, no cure.

Also tried from XP Pro PC. Can view pictures but cannot access music files using Media Monkey or play songs using Windows Media Player.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

USB Drive Issues Servring DVD to other Sage Computers/Devices

I wanted to connect a 1TB drive to one of HD-200 units (I have two) and use that as a drive to store DVD Movies etc for my Sage Server. So, I connected a WD 1TB Drive to my first HD-200 (Named Hd200a) and I am able to view the directory holding the media files at the following address from a PC on my network just fine: \\Hd200a\WD 10EAVS EXTERNAL (932 GB)

I can not however look within this directory from my Home PC at the sub folders and the Sage master server does not even recognize the drive below the HD-200. Is this possibly an issue with Sage and the drive Name of "WD 10EAVS EXTERNAL" which I do not seem to be able to change??? Any other ideas on how to make this work or if it is even possible???

In the HD-200's the Server mode is enabled etc.

Beta Frimeware from the beginning of June installed on the HD-200's.

Last edited by phantomii; 06-20-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:05 AM

I dont mean to hijack the thread in any way but i just signed up to post a very similar thing and thought it would be better to add my comments here rather than start a new thread.

I had intended to use my hd-200 in the same way as phantomii and am experiencing a similar problem.
I can copy files from the drive attached to the hd-200 to my pc but cannot move files to it or run files directly on the pc from it. i should point out that i can run files from the usb drive on the hd-200 itself and on the pc side i can drill down through folders as normal.
win xp reports a problem like password needed to access unix//root or something similar, whilst windows 7 simply states that i need permission to perform this action.

everything points to a password type issue however I have never set a password of any kind on the hd-200, is this something i should do? if so how? i havent come accross anywhere to input a passworrd or set folder permissions in the hd-200 menu.

I use the latest beta firmware and the hd-200 is used in standalone mode.

any help/advice would be great.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

I guess to sum things up, I would expect the HD-200 to act as an interface/adapter from USB to Ethernet therebye essentially converting a USB Storage device into a NAS device which could be accessed easily from any other device like a PC or another HD-200 for reading or writing.

I would like someone from SageTV to confirm that this is the intended functionality of the port, how to configure it to work that way, and confirm that it is or is not functioning properly with some standard USB drives attached to it??? Please????