SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Issue with DVD movie sub-titles on by default with new beta 6.5.16 and HD200

Is anyone who is running the new SageTV 6.5.16 beta and a HD200 extender with SageMC, seeing where subtitles for DVD movies are turned on by default and the only way to turn it off is to cycle DVD Subtitles on and off?

I noticed the issue when I went to the new beta and saw a post by another member in the beta reporting forum who reports the same problem. We're both using SageMC but don't know if that has anything to do with it so I thought I'd post in the SageMC forum to see if others have noticed it. I need to spend some time trying the stock interface to see if the problem exists under that interface but am at work today so that will have to wait.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Did it happen in the stock UI?

I'm running SageMC and the latest HD200 firmware and I didn't notice this problem. I can try again when I get home on a few more DVDs. One thing I've noticed over the years is that the ripping process can apparently make subtitles default to being on. At least, I've ripped and burned only the movie of DVDs, and the resulting copied DVD sometimes defaults to the subtitles being on in standalone DVD players. Maybe the same sort of thing can happen in Sage.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I submitted a bug report and Sage support has indicated they have now identified the problem and the next beta will contain the fix.