SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Sage User

Sage HD Theater image quality questions

I just got my Sage HD theater box today and I was playing with it, but I noticed that the output isn't as sharp as it should be (using HDMI at 720p). I made sure to update to the latest firmware using the built find system update, and it updated correctly. At first I thought it might just be my display (Sanyo Z2), but then I switched to two other displays (LCD, and LCD Rear projection) and each look pretty much identical to the Sanyo so it looks like the problem is with the box itself. I tried the display on the same monitor that my HTPC is hooked up to and looked at the same screens and there is definitely a difference in quality. It's a little hard to describe what I see, it's not really a fuzzy picture like it's out of focus, it's just that everything just seems a little off, not as sharp as it should be, and some of the video seems to be a little blockier. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Sage User

Sage HD Theater image quality questions

I just got my Sage HD theater box today and I was playing with it, but I noticed that the output isn't as sharp as it should be (using HDMI at 720p). I made sure to update to the latest firmware using the built find system update, and it updated correctly. At first I thought it might just be my display (Sanyo Z2), but then I switched to two other displays (LCD, and LCD Rear projection) and each look pretty much identical to the Sanyo so it looks like the problem is with the box itself. I tried the display on the same monitor that my HTPC is hooked up to and looked at the same screens and there is definitely a difference in quality. It's a little hard to describe what I see, it's not really a fuzzy picture like it's out of focus, it's just that everything just seems a little off, not as sharp as it should be, and some of the video seems to be a little blockier. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebruin View Post
I just got my Sage HD theater box today and I was playing with it, but I noticed that the output isn't as sharp as it should be (using HDMI at 720p).
What you might be noticing, especially if you have used a PC before, is that the user interface is slightly lower resolution at 720p. The UI on the extender is rendered at 960x540 resolution for performance reasons. The video playback itself is not affected by this and will display in full resolution up to 1080p.

_Demo_