SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Playback of certain DVD titles does not work

I have a HD200 attached to a SageTV server. I have a number of ripped DVDs most of which work just fine. However there is a subset put out by Time Warner (Conspiracy Theory, Pelican Brief, etc) that will not play on the HD200.

Additional Information:
  • Ripped with AnyDVD in VOB format
  • extras are stripped out
  • Play fine in Vista Media Center with MyMovies
  • Movies don't have the traditional main menu. These tiles have an entry on the main menu "jump to scene" which contains the play move button along with scene selection
  • When I select Jump to Scene on DVD menu, after selecting the movie, the HD200 drops back to prior Movie selection menu. At this point if I select the movie again it will give me the option to resume or start over. If I select resume it will start the movie (Pelican Brief) Conspiracy Theory will not play at all
  • Remainder of my DVD collection plays just fine on the HD200 no issues
  • I'm running the most current beta firmware and software

Help, any thoughts on why these don't work? I really would like to maintain the ability to jump to a scene for movie restarts, etc. The WAF is low on this issue, a number of the movies she likes are victims of this issue.

Thanks
- Ben

Last edited by batwater; 06-23-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: More detail on movie playback behavior
Old 06-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Sage User

I had a very similar result playing a couple of rips using DVDFAB or DVD43+DVDSHRINK. Sometimes, the movie gets stuck between the initial titles and the actual DVD menu. It's as if the transition is untrackable. These work when played on my PC, however.

I put in a support ticket, and submitted a debugging log. Hopefully, they'll find something. You might want to open a bug request, as well. Turning on a debug trace and gathering the details might help.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Sage User

I have the same problem with Disney's Sleeping Beauty. It opens on the language selection page and gets in some loop that always dumps me back there.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_ac View Post
I had a very similar result playing a couple of rips using DVDFAB or DVD43+DVDSHRINK. Sometimes, the movie gets stuck between the initial titles and the actual DVD menu. It's as if the transition is untrackable. These work when played on my PC, however.

I put in a support ticket, and submitted a debugging log. Hopefully, they'll find something. You might want to open a bug request, as well. Turning on a debug trace and gathering the details might help.
Did you ever get a response back on this?
-Ben
Old 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwater

Did you ever get a response back on this?
-Ben
Not yet. It is still in the queue to be worked on by a developer.