SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Known issue: Jump straight to detailed info screen is broken on clients. It seems to work on placeshifters and extenders.
As a note here is one way to get this to work on your PC client. Make sure you have activated the "hidden secrets". (5309)
Go to Setup-Detailed Setup-Customize-and under Unsupported Extras-Malore Menu Options and click on the Configure button.
Go to Action After Selecting Airing and click on the button the probably says Display Options. You should get a menu dialog with 4 options. Pick Display Details and click close.

Now when you choose a TV recording it goes right to the Recording Detail Screen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question about fan art (Here or BMT?)

I've got a question about the fan art/meta data stuff.

I've got several dvds that it's picking up the wrong image and/or changing the name of.

For example, the Sessame Street DVD 'Word Play' becomes 'WordPlay' with a different dvd cover on it. If there's no fan art that's fine--but how do I remove it and reset it back to the 'default'?

Also, while I get DVD covers for some of my dvd's; I never get backgrounds--any ideas why?

thanks!

rwc
Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

rwc,

The metadata tool will try to guess the movie/DVD name if it does not find an exact match. It seems like it is guessing wrong. You can change the threshold level to something higher than 90% (the default) to see how that works. You can also try a manual lookup and pick the movie that actually matches.

As for the lack of backgrounds, it could be there just aren't any available. Look in the Movies/NAME/backgrounds directory to see if there are any jpgs in there. If there are no .jpgs either there are no backgrounds available or the tool failed to download them. If there are .jpgs in the folder there is a bug in my import.

To reset things back to the default fanart just delete the /FANART/Movies/WordPlay directory. I'm not sure how you would automatically update the metadata.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

New version available:

v1.2

- Fixed a bug that caused the show title to not be completely displayed if no banner was available.

- Fixed a bug that prevented BluRay disc fanart from being properly displayed.

- Added support to display random banner (if available) while browsing the program guide.

- If no phoenix background or Tiki background is found it will now look for phoenix posters and use those as a background.

- Added support for Default backgrounds. If no backgrounds or posters are found it will use images stored in CENTRAL_FOLDER/Genres/Default as backgrounds.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
New version available:

v1.2

-
- If no phoenix background or Tiki background is found it will now look for phoenix posters and use those as a background.

- Added support for Default backgrounds. If no backgrounds or posters are found it will use images stored in CENTRAL_FOLDER/Genres/Default as backgrounds.

1. That can't look good blown up that big?

2. Hit me up with your email again I lost it got some good genre backgrounds for you.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1. That can't look good blown up that big?
It depends on the poster, some look good, some not so good. I figure it's better to have a background that has something to do with the show/movie rather than just a genre or default background.

I'm thinking about looking for actor/actress posters before looking for genre backgrounds - but that's just on the "To Do" list.

My main goal was to have at least one banner and background for all TV shows and imported videos. (That's why I added the Default backgrounds.) The phoenix api's make it fairly easy with backgrounds and I'm hoping that Sean adds better genre support for banners.

I'm certainly open to improving the way this works. If you have suggestions please let me know.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I made some small improvements to the thumbnail area. Now if a poster or background is available it will display it instead of a random thumbnail generated from the media file.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Sage User

STV Version Reverting

Hi Tom,

I just noticed that you are the author of this cool phoenix fanart plugin. We exchanged posts on the "Downloadable STV Updates for v6.6" thread concerning the update problem with the default STV where the version reverts to 2009072401. I posted a message over there with regards to some testing I did. It seems it's the Phoenix Fanart plugin that is causing the version to revert, at least that is the case on my server. If I remove the plugin the correct version is displayed. If I add the plugin back the version goes back to 2009072401. Is this the same behavior you are seeing? Any idea what is causing this?

BTW, keep up the good work. I love this plugin.

Regards,
---Wayne.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Wayne,

What version are you using?

I'll look into it and let you know.

Tom

Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Administrator

When creating an import, make sure that the comparison is against the original STV that was started with in order to make sure that only the intended changes are included in the automatically generated import. If the import is changing the STV version number, then the original STV was not used for the comparison. It would also mean there may be other unintended changes in the import.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

That's exactly what happened The "base" STV was updated between starting and finishing the import. I thought I took precautions against that happening but the cat must have walked on the keyboard while I wasn't looking and updated the default STV (When in doubt blame the cat!)

Where can I download old versions of the default STV? I need to track down that 200907xxxx version.

Tom

Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Where can I download old versions of the default STV? I need to track down that 200907xxxx version.
What exact version are you looking for? Your customized STV should have the version number.

There is a base v6.6 STV in the downloads section; try that one. Otherwise, I'll probably have to look it up somewhere.

Also, I suggest making a copy of whatever STV you start from & rename it, then make a copy of that & rename it to be your working copy. Then, you'll always have the original + the modified one. If the base STV changes, causing the import to break, you can compare the original to the new base STV too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

I need 2009072401.

All good advice, which I though I did.

Edit: I found a copy of the STV. Sage (you!) was nice enough to back it up for me.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by tmiranda; 09-23-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

New version available (1.4) that fixes a bug causing the STV version to revert back to 2009072401.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Reinstalled Fanart this morning and the DVD screens now say Recording Detail at the top. Is there a way to make it say DVD Movie instead?

Thanks,

B
Old 11-08-2009, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

B,

Try this and let me know how it looks. It should differentiate between DVD's and BluRay's.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip Phoenix Fanart for Default STV v.1.5.zip (79.3 KB, 197 views)

Old 11-08-2009, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Shows DVDs, thanks!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Pluckyhd, Great plugin, any chance of getting those genre backgrounds from you
Old 11-09-2009, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not Plucky, but I think you were directing your question to me. PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Tom

Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Sage User

Sorry for the mistaken identity, just getting back from vacation. I will PM you