SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
Different dll - but maybe you are on the new 6u17 java?
Nope. My error isn't related to java fluke: there is an assert from SageTV TS Parser (that is the code is failing on purpose).
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Running Native10, during live tv (h.264 / e-ac3) the video & audio playback stopped, so i stopped the recording and reselected the same channel for live tv. As soon as live tv began, I received this assert:

Program: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTVService.exe
File: .\NativeCore\TSParser.c
Line: 525

Expression: ts_elment->channel_index < slot->tracks->total_track

The problem being is that the assert is coming from the service and thus crashed the service (and screwing up a recording).

There is also a hs_err_pid for those:

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x04b91b59, pid=2784, tid=1344
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.0-b15 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [DShowPlayer.dll+0x1b59]

The problem is that I don't have to offending recording anymore (as it was live tv), though I do have a Native.log if needed...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Send me native.log and hs_pid*.log, I think the format parser has a trouble with one video file, don't delete your video file.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
Send me native.log and hs_pid*.log, I think the format parser has a trouble with one video file, don't delete your video file.
Ok I attached the logs. However the video file is gone (this was a Live TV file and for stopping the service from crashing had to delete it)

FYI: I was watching this : C:\Documents and Settings\HTPCUser\My Documents\My TV\LeplusgrandquizdeFrance.... on the HD channel. As the video / audio playback stopped, I stopped the recording and switched live tv to the SD version of the same channel for the same program, that's when crashing started (with the assert). The service restarted and I retried tuning to the same channel => same crash, same assert. Then I deleted the live tv file.

By the way SageTV is still confused with audio channels: it playback one stream when it thinks it is another (on the same samples I sent to you) and there is always the audio / video playback stops for some recordings (whereas playback is fine in other player) when there is some error in the stream (MPEG demux usually shows : ERROR: the Last PTS is small than the first PTS, first PTS:1 last PTS:0).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (16.3 KB, 189 views)
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

After applying the native recording patches I'm capable of watching HDTV in Windows 7 using the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" codec. Unfortunatly HDTV via DVB-S2 channels on Astra 19,2°E are still having block artefacts from time to time - see attached screenshoot. These issues are not occuring in HDTV via DVB-S encoded channels. In both cases video is encoded in H264 and audio is AC3. HDTV via DVB-S2 is getting more and more common in Europe - so I'm thinking if this is an issue of SageTV or an issue of the device drivers for my satellite card (Technotrend TT budget S2-3200).
Attached Images
File Type: png SageTV-H264.png (551.8 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by wubdich; 11-15-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscherb View Post
HDTV via DVB-S2 channels on Astra 19,2°E are still having block artefacts from time to time - see attached screenshoot. These issues are not occuring in HDTV via DVB-S encoded channels.
Those artifacts (especially if it takes some time to recover) are typical of the corruption you can see with H.264 playback on ATI graphic cards when hardware acceleration is used.

They occurs whenever the stream has a small glitch in it... When you don't use hardware acceleration, you will see the glitch at the moment it happens in the stream but not further away in playback (with hardware acceleration the glitch is corrupting the playback at the ATI hardware level during several seconds for instance 30sec...)

So I don't think it's SageTV fault: DVB-S2 maybe succeptible to more discontinuities in the stream (as you don't have the issue with H.264 on DVB-S) because of the hardware (TT S2-3200 / LNB / Dish orientation) or the transponder frequency.

What is however a fact is: if you are using an ATI card, send a report to ATI because these corruptions are not acceptable (it was worse in drivers older than 9.4 where the playback instead of being corrupted was looping between two frames endlessely as soon as a glitch occured)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks a lot - it's indeed an ATI graphic card and hardware acceleration is used. I hope ATI wil be able to fix the issue.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just updated to the new 9.11 driver release - it seams to run a lot better.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
I have installed this (Windows 7 RTM Home Premium). Everything, including DVB H.264 channels and old recordings, work fine now using the Windows 7 default codec.
This implies that installing this update should allow a new codec to show up for H.264... the default Windows 7 Codec? Am I reading this correctly? I installed the update (release version of Win 7 x64 Home Premium) but the only H.264 decoders I see are the ArcSoft decoder and the DIVX decoder and they are both pretty sucktacular! :-)

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard which has integrated graphics (NIVIDA 9400).

I followed the install directions to the T including running the batch file as admin via the command line. I also installed update 10 so I should be current. Is there anything else that I should have done? Why can't I see the Windows H.264 codecs?

Cheers, Joe
Old 11-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I installed this on my Vista machine and everything seems to work ok, except it makes the Sage service max a core forever.
I am looking to install this patch to correct pausing itv HD. Do I need to install anything else for hd100 extender to work which is already on latest beta firmware? Also if it is not a silly question how do I install the update 10? Do I just extract the zip into sagetv folder?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewhorn View Post
This implies that installing this update should allow a new codec to show up for H.264... the default Windows 7 Codec? Am I reading this correctly? I installed the update (release version of Win 7 x64 Home Premium) but the only H.264 decoders I see are the ArcSoft decoder and the DIVX decoder and they are both pretty sucktacular! :-)

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard which has integrated graphics (NIVIDA 9400).

I followed the install directions to the T including running the batch file as admin via the command line. I also installed update 10 so I should be current. Is there anything else that I should have done? Why can't I see the Windows H.264 codecs?

Cheers, Joe
Follow the read me. You need to edit the sage.properties or sageclient.properties file to add the Nicrosoft decoder from Windows 7 as a h.264 decoder. And that's right-it's the same decoder that you use for mpeg2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianb View Post
I am looking to install this patch to correct pausing itv HD. Do I need to install anything else for hd100 extender to work which is already on latest beta firmware? Also if it is not a silly question how do I install the update 10? Do I just extract the zip into sagetv folder?
Follow the instuctions in the read me. Some files go into SageTV folder and some go into the Common folder. Also you have to run a .bat file.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Follow the read me. You need to edit the sage.properties or sageclient.properties file to add the Nicrosoft decoder from Windows 7 as a h.264 decoder. And that's right-it's the same decoder that you use for mpeg2.

Follow the instuctions in the read me. Some files go into SageTV folder and some go into the Common folder. Also you have to run a .bat file.

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

As I said, I followed the instructions. I followed them precisely. The only difference I could note is that the instrucations say change your SageTV.properties file. I don't have a SageTV.properties file. I have a Sage.properties file so that's what I edited. And yes (as mentioned) I ran the batch file as admin (actually launched it as admin by typing cmd and hitting control-shift-enter). It does not work. Just as a precaution I'd quit both the SageTV application and the SageTV service before making the changes.

**** Followed the instructions precisely **** It doesn't work (okay... I concede I didn't follow them precisely because it says to turn error reporting on if you have a problem and I haven't done that but I figure this is a configuration issue and the information in the log probably won't be of much benefit).

Cheers, Joe
Old 11-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Expert

Did you stop SageTV and the SageTV service (If you are running it as a service) before you edited the file? You should also go into the properties file and see if your modifications took!
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage User

Hi Clift,

Yes, I disabled both the application and the service prior to installing any of the files, running the batch file, and editing the .properties file (and yes, the changes are still there).

Cheers, Joe
Old 11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Depending how you run Sage you could need to edit the sage.properties file and/or the sageclient.properties file. If you run sage as a service it needs to happen for the sage.properties files for the recording of files. If you are watching with Sage then you would need to edit the sageclient.properties file. That is probably the one you are not editing and why you are not seeing it in the Detailed Settings.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage User

Thanks Gerry. I have the regular SageTV app installed and somewhere along the line I set it to run as a service (can't find where that setting is though... gotta dig through the manual) however... I can not find a sageclient.properties file anywhere.

Cheers, Joe
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

I must be completely brain dead. I have tried everything I can think of to get the MS filters to show up on my client.

I have a Zotac Ion board running windows 7. I can locate the sageclient.propertioes file in C:\Users\doug\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV Even if I run notepad as administrator it still reverts to the previous file without the additional filter lines from the first post as soon as I start the client app on this pc.

I can't believe it's this hard

BTW this board with the ion graphics plays back all my mkv blueray rips really well in windows media player.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I know it's not the greatest suggestion, but I'd recommend uninstalling sage, and reinstalling somewhere outside of program files (C:\SageTV should work well). This will eliminate the whole virtualstore issue.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage User

Pausing Video

After being fully updated with the most recent patch I am still getting jagged video when playing it back and if I open the video in VLC it plays fine. What could be causing the problem with the playback?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstandke View Post
After being fully updated with the most recent patch I am still getting jagged video when playing it back and if I open the video in VLC it plays fine. What could be causing the problem with the playback?
If you have an Nvidia card, I find the "in box" Windows 7 drivers work great when following Donkey's instructions exactly. Once I upgrade to the newest drivers either from Windows Update or Nvidia's site playback gets messed up.

For what it's worth, my source recordings are all HD PVR h.264 .ts files.
If you're using an Nvidia card try rolling back to the original install drivers.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeezer View Post
I have a Zotac Ion board running windows 7. I can locate the sageclient.propertioes file in C:\Users\doug\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV Even if I run notepad as administrator it still reverts to the previous file without the additional filter lines from the first post as soon as I start the client app on this pc.
I know... it's quite mind numbing. I'm sure there's an additional step but I gave up trying to figure it out (actually, a quick Google search probably has the answer but I'm too lazy (I'd rather do MORE work LOL)). I've been doing a "save as" outside of the SageTV folder and then dragging it in there and replacing it with the new one.

Cheers, Joe