SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Disregard my last Vista64 post...I just reformatted my computer and am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit now, and just installed the latest SageTV 6.6.2

Do I still need to download this native patch thing?
Source: ATT U-Verse HD
Output: Panasonic 50" Plasma / LAN
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I believe the native patch helps with the capabilites of the Microsoft decoder. If you plan on using it, then yes, I'd recommend installing the native patch.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I believe the native patch helps with the capabilites of the Microsoft decoder. If you plan on using it, then yes, I'd recommend installing the native patch.
Will this make my HD-PVR work in Windows Media Center?
Source: ATT U-Verse HD
Output: Panasonic 50" Plasma / LAN
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I know nothing about windows media center.. the 'native patch' here is an improved version of a few key directshow filters that sage uses in its recording and playback. The recording part changes will not have any effect on the HD-PVR, as the changes are geared towards various tuning quirks (lots of changes for overseas users). The playback side is greatly improved, adding native support for more contained formats, and compatability with the Microsoft DVD-DTV Video Decoder, which is a very good Directshow MPEG2 and H.264 decoder included in Windows 7.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Caption support.

Any news on caption support on the DVB?

thanks
Old 03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Any news on caption support on the DVB?
Not yet but if you absolutely need DVB subtitles support now, I have created a plug-in for this (DVBViewer is required though)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Not yet but if you absolutely need DVB subtitles support now, I have created a plug-in for this (DVBViewer is required though)

Regards,
Stéphane.
So.. if i will use dvbviewer i will be able to see live broadcast with subtitle support?

And if so is it working under SageTV? Love some more info about that.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
So.. if i will use dvbviewer i will be able to see live broadcast with subtitle support? And if so is it working under SageTV?
Yes you can view Live subtitles (DVB or Teletext) within SageTV see here on this forum and here.

You may need the native recording patch to play the recordings made by DVBViewer.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Banjo, this won't work with dvbe4sage. It might work with ndscam via mdapi, but I don't believe that you can have both dvbe4sage and dvbviewer with mdapi using the same card simultaneusly.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytulpan View Post
Banjo, this won't work with dvbe4sage. It might work with ndscam via mdapi, but I don't believe that you can have both dvbe4sage and dvbviewer with mdapi using the same card simultaneusly.
Hi,

Well i have already talked to Mpogr for trying to set it as the one that used by dvbviewer.

i hope that it will solved our Subtitles problems, until Sage will do that..
Old 03-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Latest patch is working perfectly for me on an older laptop with Win 7 32-bit. It's got an nVidia 7900GS mobile video chipset. I'm using CoreAVC for h.264 video, FFDshow for audio, and the MS decoders for everything else. It's set to use EVR as well.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Hello Qian,

I'm having a couple video issues with my Win7 Ultimate x86 (32bit) HTPC with the playback of existing videos.

I'm in the process of migrating over from Beyond TV to Sage, and the existing recordings I'm taking with me are showing the wrong duration. When I go to play them they're showing messed up timelines. For example, a show recorded for my daughter with BTV which is approx 1/2 hour is showing up as 55h 23m long. The file plays fine, except when I go to fast forward or rewind. Obviously since Sage thinks the file is 4 days long, a 10 second skip doesn't really move the video very much

The reason I'm posting this here is that I've installed the RecordingNative10 Win7 update on both my machines (client and server). On another post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46954 Skyeclad indicated that removing the RecordingNative patch helped him. I haven't tried this yet.

Oh, and just to fend off any questions about the actual timeline in the video itself, they are all showing up correctly in editing programs such as VRD and are correct in other video programs such as Windows Media Player.

If you need any further information to help (such as a debug log) let me know.

Thanks,

G.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chia74 View Post
Hello Qian,

I'm having a couple video issues with my Win7 Ultimate x86 (32bit) HTPC with the playback of existing videos.

I'm in the process of migrating over from Beyond TV to Sage, and the existing recordings I'm taking with me are showing the wrong duration. When I go to play them they're showing messed up timelines. For example, a show recorded for my daughter with BTV which is approx 1/2 hour is showing up as 55h 23m long. The file plays fine, except when I go to fast forward or rewind. Obviously since Sage thinks the file is 4 days long, a 10 second skip doesn't really move the video very much

The reason I'm posting this here is that I've installed the RecordingNative10 Win7 update on both my machines (client and server). On another post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46954 Skyeclad indicated that removing the RecordingNative patch helped him. I haven't tried this yet.

Oh, and just to fend off any questions about the actual timeline in the video itself, they are all showing up correctly in editing programs such as VRD and are correct in other video programs such as Windows Media Player.

If you need any further information to help (such as a debug log) let me know.

Thanks,

G.
For what kind of file types do you see this? I have this same problem for .ts files (from the HD PVR). It seems though that files show up with the correct length, if you have imported them using filters that don't stem from the native recording patch (e.g. everything that was imported prior to installing the new filters is fine). It seems that once a length per file is registered in wiz.bin, it will stay.
So you can workaround this by uninstalling the new filters, reimporting the library (remove/re-add), and then reinstall the new filters.
This is kind of an ugly work-around, since you will need to do this everytime you add new files and it won't work for playing files that aren't even in the library (via "play other file")
Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Sage User

Hey Rico,

Quote:
For what kind of file types do you see this? I have this same problem for .ts files (from the HD PVR).
I'm seeing this primarily for mpeg files (including .ts 1080i recordings). I haven't really dug into the h.264 files (having other issues with h.264 being garbled..... so I haven't really looked at the timeline while playing). I don't have a HD-PVR, but as I understand it directly records in h.264, right?

Quote:
(e.g. everything that was imported prior to installing the new filters is fine).
very interesting. I'm going to have to try this. I can try removing one particular file I know is having trouble and re-importing it after removing the native recording patch. I'm assuming at this point that this is just related to the MpegDeMux.ax and DShowCapture.dll changes in RecordingNative10, right? (I can't see the other three having an impact as they should just be related to playback... right?) Just to be safe I'll replace them all and "uninstall" the TSSplitter3.ax

Thanks,

G.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just played around with this a bit more. It seems that the 2 extra files that were added after update 10 are causing this. I just installed the native10 files only and it seems to work now. So no need to go back all the way.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage User

Hey Rico,

Yup, that did solve my problem. Now I only have to figure out why Sage is screwing up some of my .mp4 files (mixture of Divx and Xvid... not sure of the pattern yet as some play fine, and others are garbled). I'm beginning to suspect this RecordingNative10 patch again. All the garbled files play fine outside of Sage. Anyway, that's a subject for another post ;-)

Thanks for your help Rico. Qian, any news on correcting the timeline issue Rico and I encountered? Is there any additional information you need (want) from me to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Graham.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

MKV files

Since installing this patch I cannot play MKV files. I get some kind of "cannot open video file" error. Is this normal? Where do I look if not? TIA
Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage User

Would this patch help with displaying closed captions using non-Hauppauge tuners?
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=430870

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think at this point you should just be using SageTV 7....I'm a little surprised this isn't closed and locked.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Sage User

Interesting thing with v7. Scanning my 1600 cards didn't receive all the channels I should. Using the native recording path I receive them all after a scan.