SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Not sure if this is a recording patch problem or not. But I have a couple problems with subtitles after installing Windows 7 and getting my client software installed:

1) Only mkv embedded vobsub subtitles work. SRT subtitles will not work and if the mkv has both it always plays the vobsubs. Attempting to select the SRT subs does nothing.

2) I'm not sure who to blame on this one but babgvant's SubtitleRender doesn't work. I can see it added to the graph through the log file but I am not able to enable CC's to show the subtitles.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

I report subtitle problem as well here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44377
Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Sage User

Microsoft DTV Decoders

When I use the Microsoft DTV decoders(windows 7 enterprise x64) to watch prerecorded or live material then if SageTV starts a new recording while watching I lose connection to the server and have to restart SageTV and sometimes restart the service.

This does not happen when I use the cyberlink powerDVD video codec. Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzim View Post
When I use the Microsoft DTV decoders(windows 7 enterprise x64) to watch prerecorded or live material then if SageTV starts a new recording while watching I lose connection to the server and have to restart SageTV and sometimes restart the service.

That certianly is a strange one. Not sure. The two should be completely unrelated. Are you running Sage in service mode? might help to isolate the two functions from each other.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzim View Post

Sage is crashing, or locking up send the debug logs to Qian.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is working great for me with one exception. When watching LiveTV the skip forward function does this...
"Skip backward, Skip forward correctly, skip backward, skip forward correctly, etc.."
Two presses of skip forward is like one. 4 is like 2, and so on. Pressing once, thrice, or any other odd number of pushes results in a random place in the timeline.

I remember this being a problem a long time ago but can't remember why. Let me know if you want logs and what the best way to log the skip process would be.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7

Last edited by GollyJer; 10-11-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
This is working great for me with one exception. When watching LiveTV the skip forward function does thi...
"Skip backward, Skip forward correctly, skip backward, skip forward correctly, etc.."
Two presses of skip forward is like one. 4 is like 2, and so on. Pressing once, thrice, or any other odd number of pushes results in a random place in the timeline.

I remember this being a problem a long time ago but can't remember why. Let me know if you want logs and what the best way to log the skip process would be.
Are you using the latest version (07)? I had this issue as well, but it was fixed.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Sage User

I have SageTV WHS running with a Mac Client. Should I install this patch on the server? Would it alleviate the video lockups on the Mac client or the timeline weirdness in both full mac client and Placeshifter?
Client 2: Alienware Laptop 2.2GHz Core2 Duo + 2GB RAM + SageTV PlaceShifter
Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update 8

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/R...ngNative08.zip

-------- Update-8 --------
MpegDeMux.ax Version 3.0.0.14
TSSplitter3.0.ax Version 3.0.0.32
DShowPlayer.dll Version 3.0.0.10
DShowCapture.dll Version 3.0.0.16

Change log of 9/15/2009
1. Support ATSC channels carried on DVB-S
2. Fixed "No signal" on QAM Cannel
3. Killed a crash bug.

Post your logs if you have an issue.

Qian
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/R...ngNative08.zip

-------- Update-8 --------
MpegDeMux.ax Version 3.0.0.14
TSSplitter3.0.ax Version 3.0.0.32
DShowPlayer.dll Version 3.0.0.10
DShowCapture.dll Version 3.0.0.16
If I'm following this thread correctly, if I want the latest and greatest of all of the fixes in this thread, should I install update-8 + myasyncflt.ax from update-3 (Version 2.2.1.3)? Or do I not need to install myasynclflt.ax?

I'd like to start testing this out again, but want to make sure I update the correct files.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
If I'm following this thread correctly, if I want the latest and greatest of all of the fixes in this thread, should I install update-8 + myasyncflt.ax from update-3 (Version 2.2.1.3)? Or do I not need to install myasynclflt.ax?

I'd like to start testing this out again, but want to make sure I update the correct files.
All the most recent files are in the posted zip archive.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
All the most recent files are in the posted zip archive.
Right. But I guess my point was myasyncflt was modified in update 3 and is NOT in update 8. So has that change been reverted since then and not needed anymore?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

myasyncflt.ax is included in update 8. It just hasn't been updated since August.

John
Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Qian,
Update 8 is working great for me. No timeline problems in Recorded or LiveTV.

-Jeremy

Last edited by GollyJer; 10-13-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Sage Expert

Qian,

I have the following issues on my Windows 7, Sage 6.6.2 PCs:

1. On my server w/ update-8, I watched a HD channel (Today show) which worked fine, but then when I switched to another HD channel (Good Morning America) I see a "connection w/ sage server lost" message and my sage service is stopped (logs attached). This happens using PowerDVD 8 decoders which work fine without update-8.

2. On my server AND my client w/update-8, the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" option does not appear as an option in the "MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter" option (note that the H.264 Video Decoder Filter option DOES show "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" no problem. The options in my sage.properties are below:
videoframe/additional_video_filters=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
Attached Files
File Type: zip LehighBri logs.zip (5.3 KB, 180 views)
Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Qian,

I have the following issues on my Windows 7, Sage 6.6.2 PCs:

1. On my server w/ update-8, I watched a HD channel (Today show) which worked fine, but then when I switched to another HD channel (Good Morning America) I see a "connection w/ sage server lost" message and my sage service is stopped (logs attached). This happens using PowerDVD 8 decoders which work fine without update-8.

2. On my server AND my client w/update-8, the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" option does not appear as an option in the "MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter" option (note that the H.264 Video Decoder Filter option DOES show "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" no problem. The options in my sage.properties are below:
videoframe/additional_video_filters=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
You forgot sagetv log.
there is no problem in TSSpliiter.ax and MpegDemux.ax based on your log.

Qian
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You forgot sagetv log.
there is no problem in TSSpliiter.ax and MpegDemux.ax based on your log.

Qian
I have update-8 on both my 6.6.2 server and client. On my client, I simply open it, navigate to CNN, and the connection with the server is lost on my client (I can reproduce this every time even after rebooting both my server and my client). This same scenario doesn't happen without update-8. See attached for the server and client logs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (71.2 KB, 167 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (75.0 KB, 209 views)
Old 10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have update-8 on both my 6.6.2 server and client. On my client, I simply open it, navigate to CNN, and the connection with the server is lost on my client (I can reproduce this every time even after rebooting both my server and my client). This same scenario doesn't happen without update-8. See attached for the server and client logs.
sagetv_0.txt doesn't match sagetvclient_0.txt, the right one should be sagetv_1.txt.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
sagetv_0.txt doesn't match sagetvclient_0.txt, the right one should be sagetv_1.txt.
How about this one?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (71.2 KB, 190 views)
Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Update 9

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/R...ngNative09.zip

-------- Update-9 --------
TSSplitter3.0.ax Version 3.0.0.33

Change log of 10/13/2009
Fixed a crash bug sagetv accesses a released buffer. (LehighBri's bug)

Qian