SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

SAGE MC Questions

OK, so I have recently adopted SageMC and there are somethings I really like about it, and some things I miss from the old standard SageTV interface.

One big thing I have been missing is the ability to delete an entire folder of recorded TV and set them all to watched. Is there a way to do this that i'm missing?

When setting up a series recording, in the original interface you could specify multiple channels to watch for an airing, in SageMC it appears you can only specify one channel or all available channels.

In the original interface my commerical skip took affect immediatley, in Sage I need the recording needs to finish and then the commercial skipping becomes available. Is there a setting i'm missing? I use DirMon to detect files and trigger comskip to start generating the necessary data.

Thanks!

-Striker-
Old 08-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
In the original interface my commerical skip took affect immediatley, in Sage I need the recording needs to finish and then the commercial skipping becomes available. Is there a setting i'm missing? I use DirMon to detect files and trigger comskip to start generating the necessary data.
I can't comment on the other two questions with certainty but I use comskip and the commercial skipping appears as it is being processed. I do not have to wait for the recording to finish.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can do the set watched and delete via the hauppage remote, using the HD200.
I presume you could also map these functions to the remote you are using.

Cheers
Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Last time I checked you could delete and set watched on entire folders in MC. Just right-click on the folder or enter the Options key.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using the Microsoft MCE remote so I don't have the options key that the Hauppage remote has.

The standard interface popped up a screen with several options to select from when you selected the folder before you navigated into it. I guess in SageMC you have to push the options button to get that screen?

In regards to the comskipping, I know the processing is happening in the background because the comskip information is available immediately after a recording is done, so it is processing while recording, its just not allowing me to do any skipping if i'm watching the begining of the file while its finishing recording the end of the file. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

-Striker-
Old 08-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

You should be able to map one of the buttons on your MCE remote to options.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think it's the yellow button by default. I've had problems with re-mapping the mce remote in the past. I'm not sure if this has been improved in recent versions.

Mick.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
I think it's the yellow button by default. I've had problems with re-mapping the mce remote in the past. I'm not sure if this has been improved in recent versions.

Mick.
The MCE remote I have doesn't have the 4 coloured buttons, so the only button I really have that I can remap is the PC Power button as everything else seems to serve a purpose. I have remapped the key and it is working great!

Now I just need to solve the comskipping issue and the series channel scheduling issue. I can always switch back to the standard interface when I'm setting up a new series, but whats the deal with comskip?

-Striker-
Old 08-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
Now I just need to solve the comskipping issue and the series channel scheduling issue. I can always switch back to the standard interface when I'm setting up a new series, but whats the deal with comskip?
-Striker-
Can't help with comskip, but using the webserver plugin you can select multiple channels by holding control and clicking on the channels that you want at the same time (on windows of course, on a mac I guess you would hold the command key). You can just set the recording up in SageMC and then go in and fix it later with the webserver.

Nick