SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 PM

blank video for online video playback

I have the same problem described in this thread. My Online Videos version is 2009081801 but my Youtube content doesn't display any video. The stream plays, I hear sound, by the video content is completely blank. I've played around with the settings as well, using Default for Video Renderer, Mpeg2 Decoder FIlter, MPeg4 playback as SageTV Player... but no luck.

any ideas? I upgraded to 6.6 today.

edit: it is not just youtube, it is all online conent. it didn't work with previous version either.

* split out of topic for a different issue *

Last edited by milos11; 08-29-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 AM

bump
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
This isn't an STV update, though there is an STV update for other Google video filtering.
Indeed, when I did the various STV updates the patch notes didn't talk about any youTube fixes, just something with regards to video filtering on vids that wouldn't be able to be played.

Quote:
If you aren't using sageTV v6.6, then upgrade SageTV.
I'm currently running with 6.6.2.10, Java version 1.6.0_10 and STV file set 200909090901. All of those components should be up to date.

Quote:
Please read my previous posts in this topic -- the online video properties update should happen automatically. If it doesn't, one of my previous posts has direct links to the files. If you have the updated properties files, then post the online video version number and SageTV version number from the System Info menu.
I'm not sure if what I am experiencing is similar to that of the other users. I am able to do a search on the YouTube videos, and I'm presented with a video set. once I select one, the message that the video is being buffered is shown, I can hear the audio, but no video appears during the entire playback of the video. What I see is the buffering message the whole time.
"The clip is being buffered, it will play in a few seconds."

Online Videos version:2009081801 <--- is this the latest?
Online Videos updates are enabled

Last edited by Belgrath; 09-14-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I found this posting:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...C+play+seconds

I'm not sure it fixes the issue, but it worked for me. I don't think that I edited this setting at any time in the last few weeks. Oh well.. thanks TechBill for lead.