SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage User

add Season and Episode numbers

Lately, I've been adding some nifty little PHP scripts to my SageTV media center, such as something that auto-compresses video files overnight and then collects them into easy-to-burn DVD-sized chunks, but here's something I would like to add:

Is there a utility out there to find out a tv show's season and episode number based on the show title and episode title? That would be very handy for organization, eg, StarTrek-WhatAreLittleGirlsMadeOf?

I just wanted to know if something existed before I go off and try to code my own script to do it
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyWolf View Post
Lately, I've been adding some nifty little PHP scripts to my SageTV media center, such as something that auto-compresses video files overnight and then collects them into easy-to-burn DVD-sized chunks, but here's something I would like to add:

Is there a utility out there to find out a tv show's season and episode number based on the show title and episode title? That would be very handy for organization, eg, StarTrek-WhatAreLittleGirlsMadeOf?

I just wanted to know if something existed before I go off and try to code my own script to do it
I'm pretty sure EP's mediascraper and bmt (commandline) will do that. You can test this using the bmt commandline, by doing something like...

Code:
# java -jar MetadataTool.jar --offline --metadataOnly --provider=tvdb "StarTrek-WhatAreLittleGirlsMadeOf-000000-0.ts"
I added the -00000-0 because bmt will only attempt to do this for TV files that match the sagetv recording format.

The --offline, simply tells bmt, to don't complain if the file doesn't exist. I use it a lot for testing filename patterns, etc.

The output will be a java .properties file that should contain the SeaonNumber and EpisodeNumber if it found a match.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage User

pardon my french!

I sorry.. I know swearing MUST be against the rules of the forum, but when I did what you said I exclaimed "what the*@#) it works!!"

I only had one difficulty, and that was in knowing whether or not jetty HAD been installed. I also haven't managed to install the metadata thing that was recommended, but I think I have an idea how..

But the upshot is.. I instgalled jetty and BMT and ran the command line you gave me and it snagged the meta data like a pro INCLUDING the season and episode codes!! zowee!!

Now all I need to do is build myself a quick little PHP program to pepper all my recordings with this info =)

Thanks so much! I dunno if you wrote this but it's awesome

--clip--
Sorry, spoke too soon.. figured out how to add the stvi in after all =) it was under setup > detailed setup > advanced > manage plugins

Last edited by LoopyWolf; 09-12-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: forgot something