SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question "Restoring" Recorded Shows

I have a number of Sage Recorded shows on my server, and recently had to rebuild my HTPC. The files were on another drive and remained in the same format as Sage recorded them, but when I setup Sage and told it to put my recorded shows in that same folder (like it was before), there is nothing showing in "My TV".

Is there a way to have Sage recognize that these are really there and that they should be visible in the "My TV Recordings"?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think you need the wiz.bin file restored from your old install. I'm pretty sure everything is stored in there as to what you have recorded and where that file exists. My TV doesn't just display everything that is in the TV directory like My Videos does.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

The show info is stored in the wiz.bin file. (as are your favorites, guide data, etc). You would have to either:

1. Copy the wiz.bin from your old install to your new install, or
2. Export metadata from the old install (using .my files, xml from web interface, etc) and import that metadata into the new install.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Boooooo... not what I wanted to hear... since, well, the old install is gone, toast, deleted, partition destroyed... irretrievable..

Thanks anyway, folks
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
irretrievable..
So hopefully now you know to make regular backups of your Sage install (and any other data you care about).