SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Weird Fan Art Issues

I've been noticing some issues that all of a sudden started happening with my Fan Art. Everything else appears to be working normally.

As of about 2 weeks ago, my Fan Art image for "Criminal Minds" no longer shows up. I still have the directory structure(D:\SageTV\Fan Art\TV\Criminal Minds\Backgrounds) for "Criminal Minds" with the image, but it isn't showing that file. When I use the MetaData Import Tool, it thinks that I'm looking at "The Ultimate Fighter (2005)". This was a one off and I didn't think too much about it. I now have "The Jay Leno Show" with Fan Art, but this is starting to take over multiple shows. The Fan Art works great for "The Jay Leno Show", but the same Fan Art shows up for "Surviving Disaster" and "Stargate Atlantis". "Stargate Atlantis already had Fan Art setup and was working fine, but now "The Jay Leno Show" Fan Art is what is being displayed. When I'm in the "Surviving Disaster" section within My TV and I do the metadata lookup, it thinks I'm looking for "The Jay Leno Show". While watching "Surviving Disaster", I noticed that I can take a frame capture as Fan Art. This didn't create the folder structure for "Surviving Disaster", but instead put the frame capture in the "The Jay Leno Show" directory structure.

I have rebooted my server since the issue arised, but that didn't solve anything.

I'm thinking it is an issue with Sage and not the import tool, since the import tool is just going to be looking up what Sage tells it to lookup.

Any ideas in how I can solve this issue?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anybody have any thoughts?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Well... it's probably in the fanart code. The fanart code uses the MediaTitle metadata field (not a core sagetv field) to resolve fanart. It would appear that for some reason, the media title is getting corrupted (or wrong value). Are you running 3.1? If so, what does the web ui show for the shows that are causing issues?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm actually running 3.0 right now, but I'm going to upgrade to 3.1 and install the web portion as well. I will let you know the results in a little bit if all goes well.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, just got everything updated. Not fully sure how to use the Web UI, but I did a scan for all TV shows.

Display Title: UFC Fight Night
Show Title: The Jay Leno Show

So it does appear that there is some issue. Now the question is, how do I fix this? Should I just refresh the library? Will that possibly mess up all my show id's?

Also, when I told the Web UI to scan my drive it found 268 items, but only displayed 73 items. I didn't see a next button or anything like that. Not sure what that is about.

Thanks

Last edited by jpaddock3000; 09-19-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
OK, just got everything updated. Not fully sure how to use the Web UI, but I did a scan for all TV shows.

Display Title: UFC Fight Night
Show Title: The Jay Leno Show

So it does appear that there is some issue. Now the question is, how do I fix this? Should I just refresh the library? Will that possibly mess up all my show id's?
You can make the required changes right there in the Web UI. Select the show on the left, make the changes on the right, and click Save. You can also use the 'Find Metadata' button to download the correct info. (Again, must click Save)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Also, when I told the Web UI to scan my drive it found 268 items, but only displayed 73 items. I didn't see a next button or anything like that. Not sure what that is about.
That is normal. When you do a Scan in the WebUI, it will, at the top, list how many files it scanned. However, the list will only show items that it didn't find proper matches for, so you can handle them manually. Those 73 items are the ones it couldn't match.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

So there isn't a more automated way of doing this? The other issue is that new recordings are being setup incorrectly. Does this mean I'm going to have to constantly update the names? I would think there is a root cause and once that is fixed, then everything will fix itself.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

So the issue was gone for a while and now it came back with the show Til' Death. It seems like any new recording thinks it is Til' Death from a fan art perspective.

Any ideas out there? This is getting pretty annoying.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Really? No ideas? I guess I'm going to stop using Fan Art images until there is a fix. I'm really surprised that I'm the only one having this issue. Is there something I can re-install to try and fix the issue?