SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Season/Episode in filename

Hello,
not sure if this is a SageMC feature or stock SageTV one.

I managed to have Season and Episode info on my EPG by parsing the descriptions my script actually fetches from the data provider: data appears either in the EpisodeSXXEYY format or in the SeasonXX EpisodeYY depending on what conversion method for xmltv I used (onscreen or xmltv_ns).

In SageTV there is an option to include the Season/Episode info in the recording filename. If I set that ON I get my recordings in the format:

Futurama-SeasonXXEpisodeYYEpisodeTitle-000000-0.mpg
or
Futurama-EpisodeSXXEYYEpisodeTitle-000000-0.mpg

What I would like to achieve is the following format:
Futurama-SXXEYY-EpisodeTitle-000000-0.mpg

e.g. getting rid of the "Episode" token and inserting an "-" between the season/episode info and the title.

Is it something that could be easily set from an hidden option somewhere (where?). As an alternative is there an automatic tool/script for doing it?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Where is the option to include the season/episode in the file name? I've never seen it, but I would love to use it.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

It's in the standard SageTV setup (not sagemc), Detailed configuration. I don't recall if it's in Advanced or under another topic but it's there. Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm not in front of it right now.

To enable go to Settings - Detailed Setup - Customize - Include episode names in filenames to YES

Last edited by svalmorri; 09-24-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Correct directions to this setting
Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

There is no way to include the season /episode in the file name you can chose to include or exclude the episode name in the file and that is about it.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
There is no way to include the season /episode in the file name you can chose to include or exclude the episode name in the file and that is about it.
It can be done if you are using BMT with the title mask.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
It can be done if you are using BMT with the title mask.
How? Can you elaborate please? Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

That was actually why I wanted it in the file name from Sage. To make it easier for BMT to get the right information.