SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Sage User

HDHR Issues

Please help, I'm at my wit's end with this one! I'm having an issue with one of my HDHRs.

Some backgroung:
I currently have 2 HDHRs of which 3 of the 4 tuners are working correctly. One of the HDHRs is configured as 2 QAM tuners and the other is configured as 1 QAM and 1 OTA. The 2 QAM tuner is working just fine and the OTA tuner on the second HDHR is also working correctly.

On the remaining QAM tuner I am able to view video on it correctly when using VLC or the new built in viewer that Silicondust provides. The problem is that whenever I add the tuner to Sage I get 0 signal strength.

What I've tried:
- I'm running the latest released version of the HDHR firmware. I have not tried their new beta release for fear of messing up my working tuners.
- I have removed all of the tuners from my setup and removed all information regarding the tuners from my properties file. I have also deleted all of the frq and scn files. I then used the Silicondust software to rescan for the QAM tuners and added all of my tuners back. Same result as before, the 2 of the 3 tuners work just fine.
- I have recently re-installed Sage with the same results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Did you do the required channel scans for every tuner in SageTV?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Sage User

Yes, once the tuner is added and I'm at the channel setup page I let it do a full scan even though it is using an existing lineup. It comes back and say that no changes were made and I still get the 0% signal.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwebb View Post
Yes, once the tuner is added and I'm at the channel setup page I let it do a full scan even though it is using an existing lineup. It comes back and say that no changes were made and I still get the 0% signal.
Have you into your Sage directory and looked at the *.scn and *.frq files? I would expect to you have 3 *.scn files and the *.frq files should all be newer than the *.scn files. I suspect a *.scn file may be missing for the problem tuner.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage User

I actually have 7 .frq files:
PredefinedDVBC.frq - Not sure what these 3 files are for.
PredefinedDVBS.frq
PredefinedDVBT.frq

Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 10115A12-0-0-QAM.frq - works
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 10115A12-1-0-QAM.frq - works
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101350FF-0-0-ATSC.frq - works
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101350FF-1-0-QAM.frq - not working

and 3 .scn files
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 10115A12-0-0-QAM.scn
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 10115A12-1-0-QAM.scn
Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101350FF-1-0-QAM.scn - not working

I've verified that the .frq files are newer than the .scn files.

I have deleted all of these files and all references to the tuners in my Sage.properties files and re-added everything. Still no luck.

Bill
Old 09-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage User

We've found that an uninstall/reinstall of SageTV is normally needed to fix this sort of problem if removing the tuner, scn, and frq files, then readding and rescanning doesn't fix it.

Jason
Silicondust Support
Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Sage User

ugh...I did a reinstall once before, but I guess I'll give it another try. Probably be a couple days before I can do the work and report back.

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

Did you upgrade to the latest stock STV? This is clearly required (as noted in the installation notes) and unfortunately skipped by many people. I also think this is probably the issue that is fixed when people give up and install Sage again. If they downloaded the latest version, then it would obviously include the latest STV. Just my 2 cents.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage User

sic,

You are a genius. I had actually just updated my STV yesterday so that I could install the PlayOn plugin. Sure enough, I just re-added the tuner that was not functioning before and it's working perfectly.

Thanks again!
Bill
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

Glad it worked for you.

I had this exact same experience this weekend (updating HDHR, not having it work, then realizing you have to update to latest STV), it is was fresh on my mind
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all