SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: Sage Movie Wall for the Default STV

This is a port of PLUCKYHD's Sage Movie Wall for SageMC. Many thanks to Plucky for creating this really slick looking movie browser.

Details on Sage Movie Wall for SageMC can be found here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41451

Instructions on how to use Sage Movie Wall can be found here: http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...version-4.html

I highly recommend you read the instructions and go through the process of "scaling" the first time you launch the STVi.

There are difference between the SageMC version and this version for the default STV, these include:
  • All SageMC specific items have been removed.
  • On the WallOptions->Universal Options Menu you can choose to go the the Detailed Options Menu when an item is selected.
  • There is a new "Navigation" option that allows you to jump to various menus, including jumping to a list of upcoming movies.
  • Since Sage Movie Wall will not run properly if Sage's Animation system is not enabled, it performs a check and gives you the option to turn it on.

Installation instructions:
  • Stop Sage and the service.
  • If there are any lines in your .properties files (including the .properties files for the extender or placeshifter that you intend to run this on) that start with "sagemc" or "pluckyhd" you should probably delete them. I've only tested using the default properties so unpredictable things will happen if you have altered the default values.
  • Download the latest SageMC and unzip to your Sage install directory (usually c:/program files/SageTV/SageTV). There is no need to install or import anything, you just need to unzip the package because Sage Movie Wall requires the .JAR files and various graphics. The latest SageMC can be found here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141
  • Download the latest Sage Movie Wall for SageMC and unzip to your Sage install directory as in the previous step. Again, there is no need to install or import anything, you just need to unzip the package so the .JAR files and graphivs end up in the right place. There is a download link to the latest Sage Movie Wall in the beginning of this post: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41451
  • Download the Batch Metatdata Importer, unzip to your Sage install directory and import the STVi per the usual instructions. Download here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=239 Support here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34301
  • Download this STVi and unzip to your SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 directory. Import the STVi per the usual instructions.
  • As previously stated, I highly recommend you read the instructions and allow the Movie Wall to scale your fanart the first time you run the import.

A special note to those of you unfamiliar with SageMC. When you are in a data entry dialog the "stop" key erases the last character you entered.

Known Issues:
  • I haven't tested this on linux and I do not think it will work. There are various places where the "file separator" (/ or \) is hardcoded.

Download here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=341

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 09-28-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

wow - it's like xmas morning. Just got the playon alpha going and now this!!
My Sunday it totally shot! Thanks Tmiranda
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I forgot to put in the instructions that you need to have the Batch Metadata Tools installed.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

I want to thank Tom for porting this over for me and saving me allot of time really appreciated. Hopefully it will make people happy. I will also help him support it when needed.

Nice job
Old 09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for building this, as a Linux user and a minimalist I would be interested in testing this.

Is it possible to narrow the requirements so that I can install only what is required and I can do the work on the STVi (if needed) to make it more compatible with Linux/Mac users.

B
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

B,

I'm at work and going from memory, but I believe you need at a minimum:

- The .JAR files from SageMC
- The .JAR files for Phoenix (included inthe BMT download)
- The .JAR files from SageMovieWall for SageMC
- The graphics include in the SageMC "default" theme.
- The graphics included in SMW for SageMC.

I really should not have been lazy and just packaged the necessary files together in one download. I will do that in a future build.

To get the STVi to work under linux you will need to search for all the places that uses the "/" (or "//") character and replace it with java_io_File_separator. I've changed some, but not all. It's on my "ToDo" list.

Also as a side note, if you have a large movie collection this will use a lot of java heap space. I've got just under 300 movies and it uses over 600K.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage User

I just wanted to give a BIG thank you for this import! It looks awesome and it works great. Great job everyone!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Glad you like it. Pluckyhd did the "heavy lifting" and deserves the lion's share of the praise.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would love to give this a go. But one thing i found when using my HD100 and HD200 is that keeping animations turned on results in slow/garbled menus using the default STV. turning off the animation results in snappy menus, and no "remnants". for SMW to work do all the animations need to be enabled (I turned them all off, but never tried to disable select ones)?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
I would love to give this a go. But one thing i found when using my HD100 and HD200 is that keeping animations turned on results in slow/garbled menus using the default STV. turning off the animation results in snappy menus, and no "remnants". for SMW to work do all the animations need to be enabled (I turned them all off, but never tried to disable select ones)?
What is your java heap size?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I will have to confirm for sure when I get home, but I think last time i set it, I put it up to 512MB. Should I try higher?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will have to confirm for sure when I get home, but I think last time i set it, I put it up to 512MB. Should I try higher?
I recomend a min of 1gb when running SMW.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I think it will work as long as the animation system is enabled, even if the other option below that are disabled.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes once install it all. Just making a roadmap of things needed to install. Is it really necessary to drop in all the SageMC files into my Sage directory? I would prefer to keep it clean in the directory... perhaps i can extract just the JARs and some graphics files. Is there a reference somewhere on the exact files needed? Same for SMW for SageMC? Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

From SageMC you need the .jar files and the ./themes/default directory. I do not think you need anything else but I've not tested it that way.

For the SMW for SageMC you need everything.

Remember, you do not need to install anything, just unzip these two packages to the proper place.

Tom

Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I extracted the files to the proper directory, then i impoted the stvi. It doesnt seem to be working at all. Any help would be great. Thsnks much
Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Can you provide me with a little more information?

Did you do the "quick and dirty" install that I outlined for bcjenkins in a previous post or did you unzip SageMC, SMW for SageMC and SMW for the default?

After you install the STVi you should see "Movie Wall" as a menu option on the Media Center menu page. Are you not seeing that?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

I also saw no change after I imported the STVi. I guessed that since I had Dynamic Menus STVi imported, that I had to create a entry manually.

The screens were there and all I had to do was add a menu item that referred to an internal screen.

Now I have a movie wall entry on my media center screen.

Good job on the port Tom!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Can you provide me with a little more information?

Did you do the "quick and dirty" install that I outlined for bcjenkins in a previous post or did you unzip SageMC, SMW for SageMC and SMW for the default?

After you install the STVi you should see "Movie Wall" as a menu option on the Media Center menu page. Are you not seeing that?

Thanks,

Tom
I had SageMC installed already, so what i did was I unzipped your files into the proper directory. To import stvi i went into SageTv setup/Detailed setup/advanced/manage SVi plugings. If i go to the settings menu where it says Import STVi it does recognize SMW default for me to import it(it just doesn't see it). I do not have a menu option for SMW. Thanks much for the help
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
I had SageMC installed already, so what i did was I unzipped your files into the proper directory. To import stvi i went into SageTv setup/Detailed setup/advanced/manage SVi plugings. If i go to the settings menu where it says Import STVi it does recognize SMW default for me to import it(it just doesn't see it). I do not have a menu option for SMW. Thanks much for the help
If you don't see the SMW Default.STVI to add to the imports then it must not be unzipped to the correct directory. I don't understand how it recognizes the SMW default STVI if it doesn't see it. After I imported it I had to add a new menu item to get the SMW Default.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.