SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Sage User

won't tune cable tv?

I am having trouble with the reception, it is extremely poor and looks like it is not set to the correct fine tuning system for my cable; the picture looks exactly like if I set my tv cable fine tuning to hrc or icc instead of standard cable. If I set it to air instead of cable channels 2 - 13 are fine. The system and the capture card work fine on wintv and on mythtv, perfect is picture. Is there a setting for the fine tuning method?
I have a mythtv box working fine right now but I would really like to have the WHS setup for my other windows machines and I would like use a sage hd theater in the bedroom. I didn't want to go to the trouble and expense of a second cable box from time warner. I'm running an athlon 64 3400+ with 1 gig ddr and 180 gig WD drive with WHS. Until I can get this solved I am stuck with my mythbox which is ok, I am more comfortable with windows.