SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-31-2009, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If you've already manually downloaded the update & have time to run the test, simply rename the files you downloaded, jump to the Main Menu in SageTV and it will try to download the update again. You can rename the files properly after running the test.
Andy,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I didn't manually download anything, I just switched to the test STV and waited for the MD5 error to appear in the logfile. Here is the entire "online videos" directory afterwards.

If I did something wrong let me know and I will rerun the test.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip OnlineVideos.zip (193.3 KB, 328 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Thanks -- that zip file has the file I need to look at.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Are other people with this problem seeing the same incorrect a74b9b0c33d05bf9ed3869ae6ff8520b MD5 value in the log, like this:
Code:
Sat 8/29 17:16:36.730 [Fork-OPUS4-89595@bbc66f] MD5 error downloading file 'http://download.sage.tv/OnlineVideos/6_6_1/OnlineVideoLinks.properties', attempt 1, DownloadMD5=a1a486e27e98a17e05d0e1e81b7c381c, CheckMD5=a74b9b0c33d05bf9ed3869ae6ff8520b
Or, does the log show a different error?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

tmiranda: would you try the same test again? Please delete version.txt, NewOnlineVideoLinks.properties, and NewOnlineVideoUIText.properties in the OnlineVideos directory, just in case there is some issue with them already existing.

I've slightly changed the files to see what happens when you try to download them.

If it still fails, please upload the new files again. Thanks.

- Andy
Old 09-01-2009, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Will do, but I'm at work so it will be later tonight.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

I deleted the files you indicated and now it works. No MD5 error in the logfile and youtube videos play again. Here is the OnlineVideos directory.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip OnlineVideos.zip (219.0 KB, 290 views)

Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I deleted the files you indicated and now it works. No MD5 error in the logfile and youtube videos play again. Here is the OnlineVideos directory.
Thanks -- it is interesting that even though it worked, I noticed that your OnlineVideos directory still has all the downloaded files (version.txt, NewOnlineVideoLinks.properties, and NewOnlineVideoUIText.properties) that should have been deleted by SageTV after the update. They get deleted on my system, as they should be, so maybe that is why I can't reproduce this & the file deletion failure on your system is the issue.

Is this on a client, extender, or server?

If you are willing to run another test... would you go to any submenu in SageTV, restore your OnlineVideos files from this post, delete NewOnlineVideoUIText.properties and OnlineVideoUIText.properties (to force an update), then return to the Main Menu. I would like to see whether the update fails again because of the existing NewOnlineVideoLinks.properties file. If it does, I would like to see the SageTV debug log and the files in OnlineVideos.

If the update fails, you can try removing NewOnlineVideoLinks.properties to see if the update then works. It should, but if not, you could simply replace the files from the zip in the post above this one.

- Andy
Old 09-02-2009, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

It's a client. I did what you asked and it still works. Here are the files.

I'm going away on business trip in a few hours and will not be back until Saturday AM. I'll have sporadic internet access but I will not be near my Sage machine.

Regards,

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (23.2 KB, 286 views)
File Type: zip OnlineVideos.zip (229.1 KB, 261 views)

Old 09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the testing -- I was finally able to reproduce it, so now we know what is happening & how to fix it.

- Andy
Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Good to hear.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Good to hear.
Youtube videos are a no-go for me as well - is this something that should work, or something that is being fixed by the Sage folks?

thanks
Old 09-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Youtube videos are a no-go for me as well - is this something that should work, or something that is being fixed by the Sage folks?

thanks
Any update on this? Or instructions perhaps in another thread that I'm missing
Old 09-14-2009, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Download the latest STV update and it's fixed.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Administrator

This isn't an STV update, though there is an STV update for other Google video filtering.

If you aren't using sageTV v6.6, then upgrade SageTV.

Please read my previous posts in this topic -- the online video properties update should happen automatically. If it doesn't, one of my previous posts has direct links to the files. If you have the updated properties files, then post the online video version number and SageTV version number from the System Info menu.

The latest HD200 firmware update also has the updated online video properties files, so update the HD200 firmware if you are having this problem while using the HD200 on its own (not connected to a SageTV server).

- Andy
Old 09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Belgrath: your issue has nothing to do with this topic and has been merged with another post w/the same issue that was also moved out of this topic a while back.

- Andy
Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

With latest updates i could not play any video on youtube, this message appear:

""""unable to determine the video file to download...""""""""

What is happened?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Mine is dead again as well.....

Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Administrator

It looks like somethings broken again... I'll take a look at it.

- Andy
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

This issue should be fixed with the latest STV update for v6.6: STV v6.6.2.11 (2009091601).

The HD200 will need a firmware update to fix this in standalone mode. As usual: when a firmware update is available, the firmware notification thread in the announcements forum will be updated.

- Andy
Old 09-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Confirm, working ok with latest update.
Nice support here, by the way.

Tags
youtube