SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Sage User

Which xmltv plugin for NZ?

Or to state it another way, how do I get proper guide data in NZ?

I've configured my DVB-T tuner with "Do Not Use Program Guide Data with this Source" which gives me a couple hours of guide data at best.

The media pc (freevo on linux) I'm trying to replace is using xmltv data from http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/ which works very well.

If a proper 7 day guide can be grabbed over the air that would be cool, otherwise import one of the xml files above.

To throw a spanner in the works I'm trying to get this going on the Linux OEM version of SageTV. If that's not possible I'll fall back on Windows...

Thoughts/comments/suggests appreciated

Dylan
Old 10-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hello Dylan

I'm not really a linux sagetv user, just dabbled a while ago, but the info below may work.

Attached is Neilm's multiple line ups plugin for SageTV.

Unzip it to your SageTV folder. So you should end up with an xmltv directory inside the SageTV folder something like this: c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xmltv

Shutdown sagetv completely... including the service.

In the SageTV folder, open the Sage.properties file and look for the following line:

epg/epg_import_plugin=

and change it to:

epg/epg_import_plugin=xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin

save the file and then restart sagetv.

Before going into back into SageTV to test the plugin, make sure you have copies of the XML listings file from http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/ in the SageTV directory and that they are named 1.xml 2.xml 3.xml 4.xml - max 4 (i think).

create a cron job to download the XML listings daily.

Now run the sagetv gui - setup - setup video sources
Add New Source - select your DVB-T tuner - Digital TV Tuner - Continue....
Select your DVB-T REgion - ?Wellington@Infill? - use tuner on capture card to tune Antenna
The first time you run this :-
Select - Do Not use Program Guide Data with this Source - Yes scan for channels now - tick skip encrypted channels - start a full channel scan.
Once it completes - make a note of the channel numbers and the channels you want. - Done with channel setup.
Now go back - setup - setup video sources
find the tuner you just added - select EPG Lineup - This time -
Select Use US,Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this source - cable or satellite
Enter the Zip/Post code as 00000 (these are zero's)
If the plugin is working you should see - 1.xml, 2.xml etc
Select which ever one you want to use, just make sure the xml file exists.
Select Extended Basic Service - No - channel scan later.

Edit the channel lineup - using the notes you made earlier. Deselect all unwanted channels and then - Done with Channel Setup.

If all is working - you should now have epg.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: zip xmltv-class-files.zip (15.2 KB, 371 views)

Last edited by zzmystique; 10-12-2009 at 04:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Sage User

A big thanks, this is working like a charm now

You've saved me a whole bunch of effort. I'd just started writing my own plugin. The last time I did any serious java coding was over 10 years ago, so it's fair to say I'm a little rusty. I'd gotten as far as getting Sage to load my plugin (which didn't actually do anything other than load) when my laptop decided to pack a sad and flash violent green and pink bits all over my screen. Nice chap from Dell on his way over to sort it for me tomorrow

I did have to make one small deviation from your excellent instructions above, when editing the channel lineup I ended up with lots of duplicate channels, the ones from the xml file and the ones detected from the tuning process. I found selecting "Edit Channel Lineup -> Clear all Remapped Channels" cleaned this up nicely just leaving those channels from the xml file.

Also, in /opt/sagetv/server is a file called adapter0-DVB-T.frq, this file contains all the physical channel numbers found during the channel scan. Easier than writing down all the details before loading the xml data

Those class files you attached, is there an original source for those or someone who still maintains the code?

Thanks again,

Dylan
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanHall View Post
Those class files you attached, is there an original source for those or someone who still maintains the code?

Thanks again,

Dylan
I got the class file from this post
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...9&postcount=14

I used the plugin on windows for years until Stephane's XMLTV Importer came out, glad it works on linux.

Anne

Last edited by zzmystique; 10-13-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo