SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage User

Sage.properties, Win7 x64

I'm trying to do the same thing as mdnttoker in his "Windows 7 x64 Install Directory" thread, and I'm also trying to follow the Opus4 FAQ, but I guess I'm not as computer savvy as I need to be to get this done... If it matters, my previous machine ran XP Pro x32, and I am moving the tuners and the media drives to the new Win7 x64 machine. There will be no new recording directories when I finish my install, just the previously existing paths to the two 1.5TB media drives (which are additional to the C: drive where the OS resides). The most important thing I'm trying to accomplish is transferring my recording schedule, favorites, and channel lineups to the new system instead of keying it all in.

I made the mistake of installing the latest SageTV software on the Win7 machine (6.6), even though my previous machine was still running 6.5.9.204. Maybe this can cause problems when migrating the wiz.bin file? After I realized this, I used the Sage setup program to uninstall Sage on the Win7 machine, and then installed the 6.5.9 version, but I get the feeling I'm not getting a completely fresh "do-over", especially since I did not get asked for a license key on subsequent reinstalls. Are there any other steps to wipe Sage clean in order to start from scratch?

Also, when I tried to follow the Opus4 FAQ I found that there was no sage.properties file in which I could change the "advanced_video_file_recovery" settings. There was a file named sage.properties.defaults, but this file had no reference to "advanced_video_file_recovery." I am looking in the Program Files (x86) directory. Is this step even necessary since I am moving the hard drives instead of copying recordings?

Thanks in advance.

jdj
Old 10-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

With UAC on, you will find sageproperty file here.

C:\Users\(Login name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SageTV

(Edit folders in control panel to show hidden folders)
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Sage User

Thanks Jerry. I skipped the whole Vista fiasco, but I was under the impression that UAC was a miserable idea that got phased out with Win7- shows what I know! I'll correct the UAC settings & try again when the kids go to bed...

jdj
Old 10-31-2009, 10:35 PM
SageTVaholic

UAC is actually a very good idea... however, the programs have to be written with it in mind... Things like configuration and preferences should be stored in user space (Under the C:\Users), not program space (C:\Program Files). UAC protects the program space by making a virtual copy of any changes in the 'VirtualStore' folder. This, esentially, is to provide the protection of UAC, wihle allowing 'errant' programs like SageTV to still function...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Sage User

Got it! I changed security settings for the Users Group for SageTV and SiliconDust, reinstalled SageTV & HDHomerun programs, and now everything is where I expected to find it. I still need to work out some other issues with HDHomerun & HDPVR, but I'm thrilled to at least have this part done.

Thanks for the help!

jdj
Old 11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDJinTX View Post
Got it! I changed security settings for the Users Group for SageTV and SiliconDust
I need to do this as well...but not sure how/where...any info would be much appreciated.