SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage User

HDHomerun and Ubuntu

The specifications say that the HDHomerun does not require a driver install. I rebuilt my server as Ubuntu 10.9, and although SageTV sees the tuners, it says there is no signal. Even though they are native, do I still need to install and run the homerun_config utility? I had a 9.04 server running, and it took some tweaking, and I think eventually installing the config utility and updating the firmware got it to work, but I ended up having duplicate tuners for the HDHomerrun for some reason and I want to avoid that. I am not seeing any /dev/video* devices either, and had those previously. I have an iPhone app that checks signal strength on the HDHR, and that is fine, and it shows that it is currently streamiing one tuner to my SageTV server.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:27 PM

I'm pretty sure you need to follow the Linux instructions here to get the HDhomerun installed under Linux:
Linux Install

If you type "hdhomerun_config discover" in the terminal and don't get a response your hdhomerun isn't visible by Linux.

I'm also not sure what you mean by duplicate tuners?? The HDhomerun DOES have dual tuners that show up as tuner 0 and tuner 1...is that what you're referring to?
Old 11-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Sage User

As I recall, SageTV discovered my 2 HDHomeRuns without any other work on my part. I had 2 plugged into the network already and after bringing up Sage for the first time with the debug log turned on I saw that it discovered both boxes. I'm running on FreeBSD and did not install anything else from Silicon Dust, just SageTV and its dependencies.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage User

It appears that the magic missing step here was doing a channel scan. I did install the hdhomerun_config application, however, all this did was allow me to see if the machine could see the tuners, which I knew it would.