SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wiz.bin corrupt

last night my WHS did an automatic update, but didn't shut down properly in the interim process of restarting. Wiz.bin is corrupt.

I have the wiz.bak file, but it too is corrupt. I haven't done a backup of my sage folder in months (yeah, yeah, I know).

Is there any hope, or am I screwed. If I'm screwed, is there any way to get my recordings to show up in the recorded tv section or am I screwed? Is there some automatic renamer that will take the Episode ID number and convert it into a "How I Met Your Mother S05E10.mpg" format?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

What is telling you that the files are corrupt? And, if one does get corrupt, the other should be OK.

If you've installed any SageTV updates, SageTV will also automatically create a backup the next time you run it, so there may be wiz.bin.version# files in your SageTV dir.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

After all of the recordings were missing from My TV, I went to the Sage folder, and there was now a Wiz.bin.corrupt0 file there. Wiz.bak was dated after the corruption. I loaded it in and it didn't work either.

I have no backups with dates.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Could you do a few things so SageTV can check it out...

1) List the file sizes of Wiz.bin.corrupt0 and wiz.bak.

2) If you've started a new wiz.bin, rename it/make a backup copy elsewhere. Enable debug logging, copy Wiz.bin.corrupt0 to wiz.bin, try to start SageTV, then attach the resulting log file to a post. After you are done with the test, you can restore the wiz.bin backup & restart SageTV.

Thanks.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.