SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Win7 HDhomerun and Sagetv

I just installed windows 7 and Sagetv. I can see my Hauppauge 1600 channels fine. I'm having trouble with hdhomerun. After installing hdhomerun software . Using HDhomerun scanning tool I can view channels.. But when I scan them using Sagetv.. Sagetv Sees no channels.
How do I get Sagetv to recognize hdhomerun?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator

If you mean QAM: Find the directory where you .frq files located, find where the HDHomeRun software has put its .scn files, then copy the .scn files to where the .frq files are and scan in SageTV again.

And, if you haven't already done so, see:
HDHR setup for Windows

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Sage User

Did you ever get this worked out? I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I have the same results. I am running WIn7 x64 and have HDHomeRun working using the Silicon Dust utilities. However, when I get into SageTV, it won't find the channels and it takes forever to do a scan.

What am I missing? I'm sure people have done it successfully.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

First off - did you verify that the .SCN files are being created in the Sage directory when you run the SCAN for channels in the HDHR software? If Sage can't find these, you will have problems.

This can get tricky with Win7, depending on whether you have UAC enabled or disabled and depending on where you installed SageTV. There are several possibilities:

1. With Sage installed in the default C:\program files... location and UAC ENABLED, the HDHR software will put the .SCN files in the Windows Virtual Store folder.

2. With Sage installed in the default C:\program files... location and UAC DISABLED, the HDHR software will put the .SCN files in the Sage folder.

3. With Sage installed somewhere other than the default C:\program files... location and UAC DISABLED, the HDHR software will put the .SCN files in the Sage folder.

4. With Sage installed somewhere other than the default C:\program files... location and UAC ENABLED, the HDHR software will Not create the .SCN files at all!
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Sage User

I ended up disabling UAC and all worked.

I found a Win7 FAQ (not sure if it was on the HDHomeRun or SageTV web site) but didn't bookmark it and couldn't find it again after a reboot to see if I missed something.

I was initially installing w/ UAC on and using the default installation folder. When that didn't work, I tried reinstalling after giving my user full access to both the SageTV and HDHomeRun installation folders. That also didn't seem to work.

As much as the UAC has gotten bad press, I like that anything potentially destructive prompts me, at least until it bites me with less compatible software, so I'm hoping to find a way to re-enable it.

If anyone can post a link to the FAQ that explains the detail of this, I'd be much appreciated.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

I have Sage installed at C:/SageTV and UAC is disabled. The scn files are there and Sage found some channels in the scan. However I'm getting 0% siganl on all the channels under both HDHR tuners...?